New Unit: Italian Lancia IZM Armoured Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
Here's the WWI Lancia IZM Armoured Car used by Italy. I had a few problems with the attack animation: My first thought was to use the Rotate Before Attack tag in the editor, but when that didn't seem to work I went for a straight fire... I included the FLC file as Alt_LanciaIZMAttackA.flc in case anyone else wants to try it. Just switch the names in the INI file and tag the Rotate option in the editor... And let me know if it works for you, maybe I made a mistake.

Heres the link:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/LanciaIZM.zip

And a preview

Attachments

• lanciaizm_preview.gif
    lanciaizm_preview.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 3,650
Whoops forgot the icons again... here they are,

Attachments

• lanciaizm_pictures.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 610
:goodjob: Absolutely fantastic unit - it's better than the real thing!!!! Thanx

what the crap are the stats on this supose to be

For Stats? Whatever you want... it could probably be used as an improved Cavalry... Somewhere around Combustion maybe... And Next I don't know yet, still working on that. I thought I'd move into the cold war European theatre.

Originally posted by Kinboat
For Stats? Whatever you want... it could probably be used as an improved Cavalry... Somewhere around Combustion maybe... And Next I don't know yet, still working on that. I thought I'd move into the cold war European theatre.

Hmm, you thought about doing any warships? Since there are already plenty of land units.

You'll find plenty of pics at the british royal navy website.

http://www.rnjobs.co.uk/static/pages/670.html

Maybe I'll do one of the british small fast carriers... Thanks for the link it's great for pictures, lots of different angles makes modeling much easier :)

Lovely unit Kinboat, I also like your KhaGo and Sturmtiger units.
I sent an e-mail to the art team at Firaxis, and they say that to have stuff put on the Expansion pack "best of the net section" it should be sent to them before labour day (I'm british so I don't realy know when that is). They also suggested steering clear of the WWII era, as they weren't able to tell me what tanks or infantry they were going to include in their WWII units set, but for non-Human or Non-cavalry type units (mechanized; ships, planes, tanks and artillery etc..) that still leaves the cold war, WWI, the Napoleonic war and any "future themed" units.
I know I would be quite pleased to see some of my work published, by a major games company.

On the matter of Turn before attack, if you do a Fortify animation, of the Armoured car turning in to a 90 degree position it waould always "Turn before attack" with out the need of the flag. This is what the Radar artillery seems to do, and also what you did with your MKV WWI tank (but only by 45 degrees in both cases). You would have to reshuffle the Alt attack directions so that, for example, the East animation plays South (and all 90 degrees off current alighnment. You would also have to do the same with the Death animation. The plus side would be an interesting animation, the down side would be more work for you :)

Originally posted by nonnob3
That's sounds cool!!!
I guess I can send them my German "foot" units (Waffen SS, Flammenwerfer.etc) or are they only interested in tanks?... :)

Hi, nonnob3. If you are going to send them the flammenwerfer, remember to give credit to SpencerH and me :p ;)
have a nice day!:king:

TO KINBOAT:

I know you've probably been asked this like a millions times before, but where can I down load a copy POVRay/Moray... and if possible where could I find some tutorials on making 3d models and if it's also possible any tutorials on making boats?

Also do you use textures on your models or do you just have flat shaded polys?

Cheers.
James

Yeah in the tutorial it covers some basics... www.povray.org and then that should have a link to the Moray site... The links on both of those pages should have some tutorial stuff, although the community seems to have dried up so it's mostly older links that might not work.

That's actually a good idea on the rotate (I should have thought of it since I did it before :) ) ...pause to check for brain... I could send them all my WWI stuff as well as the future mecha units... I'll have to look through my library and find out. Thanks for giving me the date guys, now maybe I'll remember to send it :) Is there a special address or something?

Dude, its been Two years and one and one month and some hours since this was last posted on. Don't bump old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom