New Unit: Dropship

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
This should make a pretty good upgrade to the Helicopter, for futuristic mods at least. I would design it almost exactly like the Helicopter, changing the defense and range if possible... There are attack animations included so you could also give it an attack.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/Dropship.zip

And a preview...

Attachments

• dropshippreview.gif
    dropshippreview.gif
    17.2 KB · Views: 4,461
A helicopter that runs on anti-gravity struts. Good Job :goodjob: Kinboat.

Well actually it's not antigravity (or at least not primarily) There are two large engine ducts next to the cockpit... these direct a blast of thrust downward, like a souped up Harrier :) But then I remind myself that this unit doesn't actually exist and I'm becoming delusional when I see these things landing on my lawn... If only I could tell the shock troops that pour out and trample my flowers that they don't exist...

Honour and Glory to thee, Kinboat for thou hath captured the greatest talent amongst all of God's children for creating Civ3 Units :).

I have downloaded it as soon as I saw your post (had a lil problem with a Virus on my PC until then, but I fixed it swiftly) and I have to say that it is truelly lovely- specially the landing ;)

The best made by the B:king:ST :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Good. Good! We need more futuristic units.

Very Nice work, as usual, Kinboat! Your talent amazes me.

I have the model made... I actually used a scaled down version in the landing animation for this... I just need to do the attack and death animations for it. I'm trying to get them done before the 9th so I might be posting them before that.

sweet:D

It is a future unit, but there is nothing that desgnates it as a US Military unit. Your team is supposed to be about the US armed forces, right? Not just about trying to get all the coolest units, or am I mistaken.

great job, and i finally figured out what i knew that unit from. its the dropship from Aliens, ive always wanted someone to make that unit, thanks :)

Top Bottom