GOTM017 Special Award: Favorite Writeup (People's Choice)

GOTM017 Special Award: Vote for your Favorite Writeup(s) !

• Aliardavan

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • GaryNemo

• Kev

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • LordValuna

• Lucky

• Old n Slow

• Smash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grigor

• Other (State your choice by post)

• Total voters

starlifter

Deity
GOTM017 Special Award: Favorite Writeup (People's Choice)

Beginning with the GOTM017 Special Awards, the "Favorite Writeup" Award will be instituted. This award is a People's Choice, because it will be based on input of CFC members.

Here is the GOTM 017 Spoiler Thread.

It is up to each voter to choose how to determine their Favorite Writeup. Writeup includes the log, thread participation, and any text files in the official game archive. Some voters may prefer the most detailed log, some may like the most informative tidbit, others may like the most creative description, and some may like general thread participation.

This is a prestigious award. It is not a vote based on score, or playing "skill", or prior GOTM writeups.... and even Rookies are eligible for this award.

Because it is up to each person to determine what "best" means, there is the possibility you may consider two or more to be equally deserving. Therefore, you may vote for more than one candidate if you desire.

To qualify, participants must actively post in the Spoiler Thread and be included in the Official Results; nominees are listed alphabetically.

Note 1: Error resolution -- if an entrant is overlooked, make a write-in choice and your vote(s) will be manually added.

Note 2: The nominations are based on review of the Spoiler Thread participation. Some people may be listed that did not actually submit a game, but because the poll cannot be changed once made & we cannot wait a few days to find out if someone's game was left out (and will later be included), then there may be some nominees that in fact did not have an official game. Persons will naturally be ineligible for the award if their game is not officially recognized by the GOTM Admin (Duke of Marlbrough) by the time the Special Awards are given, even if they obtain the most votes.

Note 3: Starlifter is self-recused (not included) in this award.

EDIT: DoM added Grigor yesterday. Thanks!

I voted for LordValuna.

To be honest, it gets a bit boring reading everyones logs and half the time I couldn't be bothered. I'd rather just play the game. A summary of how the game turns out is all thats required IMHO. Maybe I'm just too lazy.

I will not vote for myself. I have learned from everyone's logs -- thank you all. Some were memorable, but I can't recall whose they were... Starlifter's, of course, who declined to even include himself, but has demonstrated the Caravan Mathematics very well. BTW, in Gotm 19, I can't find them! They found me, just bought my first AI Trireme...

Odd.... I don't think that I played GOTM #17. Yet I am leading in the votes...

Perhaps there was some confusion and people thought that this applied to GOTM #18 - which was the Fundy game?

No worries... I have those caveats in note 2. There were 3 nominations open at once due to the transition delays, and they confused me at times, too. Hmmm... you're right, I don't see your game in the official results. Looks like we'll have a dual winner then! :D All the results for GOTM 17 Special Awards should be done in a couple days. :)

Top Bottom