Demogame Webpage Updates & Suggestions!

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
Yes, we have a webpage, and it's being updated. (I really think this should be in the main forum).

I have created an 'intro' page on what will soon be the main access page: http://www.civfanatics.net/~demogame/civ3. The page is under construction at the moment, but will contain links to the current progress of the page. Currently, the structure of the page is coming into place, and Fionn is creating the site navigation.

After giving it some thought, I decided on 3 sections versus 4 (top row, followed by a 2nd row with 3 columns) due to space and athestics (size mainly). The e-registry and province scripts will be the next to go up.

The origanal page discussion can be found here.

Current members of the Web Page Team

Webmaster - Chieftess
Demogame RPG Webmaster - Stuck_As_A_Mac
Graphics & Menus - Fionn
CGI/Perl - Pulveriser
Map Maintnence - BCLG100
Assistant Webpage Helper - Shaitan

Sooo many people dont know about the 'receive updates to this thread' button down the bottom of the page. >sigh<

Anyway, this is a good idea. I will show my own ignorance now by asking if the last demogame (I know, don't mention the war) had a web page?

It was in the works during the last demogame. :)

the only problem is that you get a email for every post :-( i would prefer it being handled like the subforum-updates so it would only be shown in the user-cp.

Subforum updates? ;)

Anway, an update! :D

The user and province/city database structures are being forumulated. So far, it looks like this: (note my first attempt at the code tag. ;))

Database with examples

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User

[b]
Name              Password     User ID     City ID[/b]
[i]
Chiefpaco       Persian10     1              1
Strider         IDApage     2              1
Disorganizer    moreparks     3              1[/i]

City[b]
Name          City ID     Improvement List (array)     City Map[/b]
[i]
Berlin          1              Temple, granary...                P1_B.jpg
CSX             2              Temple                                 P1_CSX.jpg
[/i]

Province[b]
Name          Province ID        Territory Map     Political Map[/b][i]
P1               1                         P1_t.jpg           P1_p.jpg[/i]

This is just the sample fields and data for the database. Of course, it will mostly likely need to be normalized (shudder). Any suggestions are welcome. :)

Just a warning, some posts of this thread might wind up as a 'testing zone'. ;) (for a possible feature of the page where governors could update from there.)

Might be the next few posts...

This should go into the Demogame II website updates/suggestions thread. (testing for possible webpage use)

SCORE!!!!

(ok, got a little carried away). That was the new website feature in action. It will be moved and tweaked for use in turn chat instructions (might be more 'invisible' by then).

Of course, I'll have to ask permission from Thunderfall, since he tweaked that part of the code. ;)

at first glance i said is that it then i noticed the links and the under construction lol i think we might need to change the map of the phonetican thing as it is a bit out of date but other than that looks good

Didn't you read that it's a placeholder? ;)

Besides, that's one huge image. I just stuck it there since the new game hasn't started yet. We don't have any screen shots.

It's another form of a web-based scripting language.

Update!

The placeholder files are starting to be put in place. So far, the pages for the "Home" section has been added.

Update

The Forum and Indicies info placeholder pages have been added.

Update

Placeholder pages are about 50% complete. The Government section is now complete. This will hold the lastest discussions, or links to discussions/polls held by that official.

There could be a mini-guestbook-type forum so governors/departments can post their turn chat instructions. (as sort of a log), and for the Demogame RPG announcements...

But, I may have one as a 'suggestion-box'.

Top Bottom