Screenshot of the Day #5: Siberia Expedition

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Another day, another Screenshot of the Day... :)

The AI in Civ3 sometimes does really smart things, but other times it makes incredibly foolish decisions that no one can understand. What is this large stack of Egyptian veteran knights doing in Siberia anyway???

While playing Marla's Map as the Indians I was of course exploring the continent for goody huts. My dear scout in Siberia encountered this Egyptian Stack of Doom. Far away from home (see the minimap bottom left. Egyptian is yellow) they seemed to be afraid of all the moose and rendeer. Why go there if your main threat comes from Europe, the Zulu's and the Indians :) . Couple of turns later the core of Egypt was history.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd05.jpg

Thanks to Beammeuppy for the screenshot. If you have a cool screenshot, please submit it to SOTD so we can have Screenshot of the Day feature often! :)

This seems so bizarre as the Egyptians would need lots of ships to get there, unless there was a number of ROP's given to cross from Africa to NE Russia.

Must be a computer glitch or something...

I've noticed that the AI seems to know where the barbarian camps pop up on the map, even if they're all the way on the other side of the continent. If the AI has nothing better to do (i.e. not at war with another civ), it seems to send every available offensive unit out to kill the few barbarian camps that pop up. So maybe that's what happened here--the Egyption AI "detected" barbarians up in Siberia and, having nothing better to do, sent every knight in the realm on a barbarian crushing crusade. It's still a stupid thing for the AI to do, as one or two knights could do the job just as well. :)

Well it's obvious they are searching for Oil in Siberia and once they find it they will create the OPEC-wonder, link up with other oil states and in the end get very rich of it. :D

That happened to me once, but it was the Germans, chieftain and swordsmen and archers (only about 12, though). But same map. :lol:

Ed O'War is right. I'd bet they were hunting barbarians. For some (annoying) reason, the AI believes it simply has to send every unit after a single barb camp.

You missed the obvious....The antarctic penguins had launched a full scale invasion to siberia. the russians had no units available and asked their egyptians friends to send an expeditionary force to deal with the penguins. The penguins seeing the approaching knights had disappeared into the sea and were swimming back to antarctica. Long live the penguins!!!

Well if id just taken over from egypt now id attack every town in the area to try and seize a sizeable area, and then build a FP to create a split empire encircling the middle east

Originally posted by alpha wolf 64
You missed the obvious....The antarctic penguins had launched a full scale invasion to siberia. the russians had no units available and asked their egyptians friends to send an expeditionary force to deal with the penguins. The penguins seeing the approaching knights had disappeared into the sea and were swimming back to antarctica. Long live the penguins!!!

The penguin army fled towards the Berring Straight where another Russian ally, the seals, destroyed the threat once and for all. :)

All those units for 1 conscript barbarian warrior:lol:

the Huns have returned! the Huns have returned!

Top Bottom