Screenshot of the Day #6: Port Visit

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
If you think all the diplomacies in Civilization III are done via the F4 screen, you are wrong! You can actually invite other civs to visit your glorious cities and have a cup of coffee! ;) Check out today's Screenshot of the Day if you don't believe me:

I was playing with the Greeks and was allied with Japanese against China. I'm moving my units to the transporter with goto-command while suddenly one unit, when passing Sparta, attacks the defenders there and gets killed. I'm like WTF, have my troops gone crazy? Well, it must've been some random bug. I'm sending another unit and... it also attacks Sparta, this time killing the defender and getting upgraded to Elite. I see the units in Sparta to find the possible reason: a Japanese Battleship has parked itself to my city! I couldn't do anything about it, it just floated there as if it wasn't anything special. It left when I installed the 1.29f patch.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd06.jpg

Thanks to ZeroOne for this cool screenshot. If you have a cool screenshot, please submit it to SOTD.

wow.........how did it get there? it traveled half the world or jsut apperaed tehre?

I had this same thing happen several months ago and had posted a screen shot. It happens usually when there has been a nuclear war. Everything goes haywire. Your own modern armor shoots down your own workers trying to re-enter your own city and you find other civ's units in your town, etc. You can't use the foreign unit or attack it, it's just there. It goes away sometimes just by re-loading the game. That happened with v1.07f, haven't really had any nuclear wars happen lately...

I had the units of other civs appearing in place of my own constantly towards the end of a game I played with a mod I no longer remember. I was able to use them normally though, and there was no friendly-unit combat involved.

Well, although that is a weird bug, anybody that's played Alpha Centauri knows that you COULD have allied units in your cities, no problem. In fact, I sometimes used it to keep a potential enemy from gaining cities, by allying myself with the attacked city's faction, and then placing some insignificant unit there, while still being at peace with the attcker. He could do nought without declaring war...

I really miss that function...

This bug was finally fixed with 1.29f.

Top Bottom