Screenshot of the Day #8: Pond Fish

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
The pond fish phenomenon is pretty famous in the Civ world. In Civ2, this term was used to describe barbarian triremes rising from a small lake (i.e. pond) and start attacking your city! It's a spectacular sight! :D

In Civ3, the "pond fish phenomenon" is a little different. Check out today's SOTD submitted by Octavian X:

The AI surprised me by landing two swordsmen next to a city with only a spearman. I also had a galley in the city, so I retreated it into the small body of water next to the city, so it wouldn't be attacked by another galley, nor sunk in the sea, since I was sure they would capture the city. I though I would eventually recaputre the city. So you will imagine my surprise my when they razed the city, leaving my galley stuck in the pond.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd08.jpg

If you have witnessed any other pond fish phenomenon in Civ3, please let me know. :scan:

>> Submit a cool screemshot to SOTD

Anyway, if you rebuilt the city, you can take the galley out of there, can't you?

Still, it's a funny screenshot

HAHAHA!!! That's great. Looks like it took a massive amount of intelligence to build that one. Either that or just the opposite. And when are you gonna be done with the SOTD index TF?

if they took the city they could have attacked it with their own galleys from the city square, it wasn't protected. it'd have been protected only against other civs.

Couldn't you just move the boat left, right, or up? I know you can in civ2.

If you think of it... that Tireme's Immortal until Cruise Missles.

Barbarians in Civ3 can't capture cities.

Originally posted by Octavian X
The poor galley was stuck. It took awhile for me to get a new city up there. For that time being, I just let it sit there...

Upgrade it to a transport

Top Bottom