Screenshot of the Day #11: Spider Web

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I really feel stupid now. I discovered today that you can see the diplomatic relations between all players in a Civ3 game at the same time by SHIFT+Click on all the portraits, and get a complicated spider web that looks like this one:

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd11.jpg

Do you know this trick?

I can't be the only one who didn't know about it! :blush: :crazyeye:

Are you being serious or haven't you come up with a cool SotD?

I think this is elementary knowledge..... :) The first time I loaded up the diplo screen, it looks something like that too.

Common knowledge or not....it looks cool. Still worthy of a SOTD. Give a break...it ain't easy to come up with a screenie every day.

I am pretty serious. :D I checked the 2 shortcuts lists in the reference section and it's not listed on both. :confused: I don't think this shortcut is listed in the manual also...

Please, someone tell me I am not the only person who didn't know it. It would make me feel better. :D

:lol: Poor Thunderfall...
Admin of the CFC site, and didn't know that... ouch. :)

Well, now you know.

Alright alright, I owe up. I do not know of this short-cut. :D Really.

Feeling better? :p

Don't feel bad - I had no idea about this either. Mind you it's most likely tooooooo much information!

And for how long have you played Civ3? :lol:

Give a break...it ain't easy to come up with a screenie every day.

I wasn't being serious... And I think the SotD feature is a cool addition to this forum :) Keep it up Thunderfall! :goodjob:

And don't hesitate to ask about other shortcuts... ;)

I knew it was possible, but hadn't taken the time to look up the actual keys. So this post was a big help to me.

BTW...that sure is a helluvalot of RoP agreements. I dont' think I've every been in a position where I had RoPs with more than one or two Civ's at a time.

There was a thread few weeks back asking how to get the diplomatic advisor screen to show like that. Someone said shift-click back then. That's how I found out :p It used to show that without any patch, but one of the patch took it away. Now we have to manually make it so.

It's pretty but I find it too much information at once to be useful. (honest I did know about it)

Originally posted by Thunderfall
I am pretty serious. :D I checked the 2 shortcuts lists in the reference section and it's not listed on both. :confused: I don't think this shortcut is listed in the manual also...

Please, someone tell me I am not the only person who didn't know it. It would make me feel better. :D

rest easy thunderfall, I didn't know about it either

This one I knew about but rarely used (too much info).. One that I really find useful and didn't know about until recently is to shift-right click on a leaderhead to replace the civ with another one. Very useful when the civs displayed are nowhere near you or an empty slot appears when there are easily more than enough civs to fill it.

That other thread someone was talking about? It was mine - and I still cannot get these lines to show up. I don't specifically remember anyone saying shift-click, but I'm sure I've tried everything to get these lines to show up.

if it's too much info simply uncheck the peace and maybe RoP checkboxes. seeing only the war and MPP lines is plenty of info, and their faces tell the rest of the story.

I didn't know about it either until I saw the first SOTD and tried to figure out how the person was able to see everyone's relations.

Top Bottom