Screenshot of the Day #15: MPP

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Today's screenshot doesn't look very interesting at first glance -- you see a furious Lincoln offering mutual protection pact at the bartering table. Fortunately there is more to it and I'll let ainwood explain:

Abe and I are the only ones left on the planet. He hates me, yet still wants a Mutual Protection Pact. Maybe he's worried about aliens? Or barbarian tribes?

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd15.jpg

Pretty stupid, don't you think? :D Thanks to ainwood for this screenshot.

I hope you made him pay for your protection ainwood. Protection from aliens would be expensive!

He probably just wants to secure peace for 20 turns in order to build up a sizeable army without risk of getting sneak attacked.

If you look at the map, you can see America is really tiny compared to the player 1, so Lincoln must be soaking his pants !!

Originally posted by Hurricane
He probably just wants to secure peace for 20 turns in order to build up a sizeable army without risk of getting sneak attacked.

since breaking the MPP would cause WORLD opinion to change against you :D

BE WARNED! :D

:p :crazyeye:

Idiot diplomacy there.

What that should have read was. "Oh glorious France. Please forgive our transgressions of the past, and be merciful to us. We will agree to bow to you as our sovereign in exchange for sparing our insignificant lives."

"Oh dear mighty french, we need protection from you. Would you be so kind as to protect us from you with a MPP? You are peaches!"

Originally posted by Hurricane

yeah, thats the same i was going to say... he is just winning (or earning) time to build up an army and be sure he wont get attacked by france.

If I'm not mistaken...

*mild spoiler alert just ahead* - Drag-select the text below if you want to know.

<Start>
This is the map for GOTM 10. Strange though that the small island was occupied by the Americans. In my game it was occupied by Elizabeth and her goons.
<End>

For those wanting to read it, it's not that much of a spoiler really. But I also haven't got a careless bone in my body. Maybe others still want to play it you know. ;)

He wants a guarantee that you won't attack him. Since there is no rest of the world to have an opinion to flag against you, this really is pointless. This should be changed to submission, as was suggested.

But I suppose if you decide to attack him anyway, and you are forced to declare war on yourself, your populace will be all up in arms immediately (unless you're Commy or Monarchy) and you should have a civil war. Of course, that's not an option here, but it should be.

Fortunately, you can just say "No thanks" and do as you please.

Suddenly, the Americans attacked themselves, forcing you to declare war on them . . . . :D

LOL, if you are playing on an old version and had the units attack your worker bug that would be amusing. Mind you I'm sure you wouldn't end up having war declared but it would be ROFLMAO funny if it happened.

:yawn: ;) I do recall a thread on why the f*** is the AI sooooo stupid..... they even paid me for the MPP.......

<serious mode back on> this is another proof of how thin the layer of 'smart-look' is on the dumb not-so-intelligent-AI

They wanted the MPP so they could get protection from themselves. Duh. Smart AI strategy - seize world peace for a short term. And since there's nobody else, they could even attack you. Like they'd win. Funny screenshot

Well, let's remember how MPP works.

If they attack you, they automatically come to your aid by DoWing themselves. However, if they simply DoW you and let you make the first strike, then you automatically DoW yourself. But how likely are you to fall for that?

Top Bottom