• Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FionnMcCumhall

Emperor
Pretty soon we will get our next settler unit from the great city of Valhalla. Some of the numbers were left over from the city placement II thread located here

Please select either 1, 2, or 3. This poll will remain open until quorum has reached or until the next turn chat whichever is first

They're all very nice spots but I'm going with #1. A cow plus 2 game, nicely productive woods and hills. The only way it could be more ideal would be if it was on a river. #1 all the way!

where are the other proposal out of the thread?
this poll is partial in excluding some of the proposed positions (i talk of donsigs proposal nw of the cow for example).

i request judicacy to close the poll and you to restart a complete poll with all proposal brought up, as no conclusion to only those 3 was found in discussion.

I added the Other button in the poll for other places i may have forgotten or that other may want to place the city. Is that so wrong!

I voted other. I think 4 tiles SW of Valhalla (1 tile NW of the cattle) will be a better spot.

Fionn: yes it is. This makes this poll unfair against the option(s) which fall under "other" as they are not presented ;-)

What to vote? Other (for 1 tile NW of the cow) or no vote at all in the hopes this poll won't reach quorum and can be thrown out?

I voted other. I like the general area around 1 and 2, but just would like to see more distance between the capital and the founding of our next city.

What happens if we can't create a decent poll that satisfies everyone when the next turn chat comes? Just delay the turn chat? If we keep doing this, then Civ4 will be out before this game is over! :)

Originally posted by FionnMcCumhall
please close this thread i have created another one. thx

No can do. This poll is already more than halfway to quorum. What would be the difference in the new one?

Originally posted by Chieftess
What happens if we can't create a decent poll that satisfies everyone when the next turn chat comes? Just delay the turn chat? If we keep doing this, then Civ4 will be out before this game is over! :)

The domestic department can decide city placement in the absence of citizen input. If the citizens don't decide and domestic doesn't decide then the DP can decide. No need to stop the turn chat. Besides, the settler won't be done for six turns and it'll take 3 or 4 turns to get to a location. If worse comes to worse let the settler stand around for a turn or two and we can continue the discussion for the Sunday turn chat.

One tile SW of #2 is also a good choice.

Top Bottom