New Unit : Rascal Light Self Propelled Howitzer

Boulboulgadol

Gadol as my tanks barrels
The Rascal Light Self Propelled Gun Howitzer is a highly mobile, long range, high speed, lightweight artillery system, manufactured by Soltam Ltd of the Koor Industries Group based in Haifa, Israel.

Some of you know me as an Isreli oriented unit creator, because of the Merkava and the Searcher 2. I wasn't here looking for a new israeli UU (even if it comes from there), so I made a classic camouflage findable in any army. I didn't made a sandy-brown camo like they have in Israel. By this way you can use it for any civ.

Maybe a flavor unit for the artillery or radar artillery.

Note : included is Fortify FLC, but I didn't wrote it on the INI, because I think it makes the attack animation look bad.

Attachments

• show5.jpg
    show5.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 3,094
The preview :

Attachments

• rascalpreview.gif
    rascalpreview.gif
    46.6 KB · Views: 3,107
And the part 1

Attachments

• rascal_1.zip
    170.4 KB · Views: 1,197
... and part 2

Attachments

• rascal_2.zip
    196.1 KB · Views: 1,026
and the third one !

Attachments

• rascal_3.zip
    175.9 KB · Views: 988
just a little observation - is it just me, or are the edges a little to hard? I think they need to be slightly rounder, the chassis looks too much like a box for my tastes.

Wonderful unit Boulboulgadol, i just wish that i had the time to produce the amount of units you have....my destroyer is going a bit slowly:(

Gratz on top unit:goodjob:

I think it looks good, the real thing looks boxy anyway and this unit fills an important roll as artilary that can follow an army.

Originally posted by unscratchedfoot
YAHHHHHH!!!! The goods have arrived. Well done. :goodjob: I'm gonna give it to all the civs though to be fair.

What do you mean you think the fortify flic makes the attack look bad? I'm gonna try the fortify too.

The fortify anim shows the rear stabilizators put down. But I made the attack beginning in the same way, so when the computer makes the chain between the fortify and attack animation, the stabs are put down twice.

I didn't thougt about it... :D

Nice unit.

I will add it to my site in the morning.

GIDustin

Computers?

Interestingly enough, the reason the earliest computers were created was to crunch artillery ballistics numbers.

Originally posted by thestonesfan
Computers?

Interestingly enough, the reason the earliest computers were created was to crunch artillery ballistics numbers.

Too late- such things derive from late WWII technology.. hmm, best create a nu tech called 'pneumatics'

Depends on what definition you want to use for computers. The old code breaking machines in WWII were a form of computer.

Back to the topic at hand... great gun. I do think that the box shape is great. I think it would be better if the barrel flew the other way in the death animation.

I don't know my tech tree as well as I should but how about making it available the same time Tanks are? is that before or after the regular artillery units??

Artillery comes with Replaceable Parts, which is only a few techs behind Motorised Transport (Tanks). We need a later tech for this unit.

I think I'll throw it in Miniaturization. Computers if I decide to make the Radar Artillery available sooner than it is.

Another idea is making the Radar Artillery a Mobile SAM Battery and having this be the highest level of Artillery.

Top Bottom