Screenshot of the Day #19: Go Away, Picnic Ants!

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
During diplomatic negotiations in Civ3, the witty AI leaders sometimes say very funny things. Today's SOTD is just one of the many documented examples:

I'm relatively new to Civ3, but during a very long game as the Japanese (1st) without hardly any wars worth talking about China(2nd) who had a MPP with me and India (4th) declared war on the Iroquois (9th) for some strange reason. No One had ROP aggreements with me because apparently I invaided Greece under this agreement, although China was very happy with me helping them with there war against Iroquois and trade deals. So while moving my naval forces into position next of the northern cities of the Iroquois I had to pass through China's sea (Yellow Sea in real life). This came up and I thought it was damn funny! never seen anything like it before, and never since :)

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd19.jpg

You can visit this 11-page long forum thread for other funny things the AIs said during negotiation. :) Thanks to Overlag for the screenshot.

Hahaha... :lol: :lol:

this kind of thing actually happens near where I live but the other way around. This time 'Mao' will be the 'violator' and while waddling in contested territories (Spratly's etc...) his excuses are always "We were conducting uh... 'routine fishing expeditions."

Regardless of whether the game is good, though I think it is, you have to agree that Firaxis made some funny comments programed into the AI.

I have to agree. AI leaders have lots of personality. :)

The only bad thing is at the of the game, sometimes you see 3 or 4 different leaders saying the same thing (such as "I bet you 100 Gold you can't do it again") in a row!! They need to add more choices to it and make it more ramdom...

Originally posted by Civanator
what does it say? when i view it the picture is like all messed up
Here's a small version of the screenshot:

You still can't access civfanatics.com, Civanator?

Originally posted by Thunderfall
The only bad thing is at the of the game, sometimes you see 3 or 4 different leaders saying the same thing (such as "I bet you 100 Gold you can't do it again") in a row!! They need to add more choices to it and make it more ramdom...
Yeah, I know. One time every single leader said "You're lucky the game was so concentrated on wiping ME out" or something like that. It was kind of funny, really.

Civanator,

If you're using Internet Explorer 6 look for the "Enable Automatic Image Resizing" in the Internet Options -> Advanced menu. It's a relatively new thing the guys from MS put in there.

Originally posted by Civanator
what does it say? when i view it the picture is like all messed up

Top Bottom