Screenshot of the Day #20: Irresistible

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
When your civilization has tons of culture, some citizens of other civilizations will find you simply impossible to resist and will join you even when your Civ is in complete chaos. Resistance is futile! :borg:

I was playing the Greeks, and I was in the middle of changing goverments, and even in anarchy they want to join me!!! lol

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd20.jpg

Thanks to AndyH for the screenshot.

Apparently the type of government has nothing to do with a cultural overthrow.

Golly.. I must generate loads of acceptable screenshots of the day -- I'd probably not even notice one like this. :p

It's conceivable that irrespective of the order (or disorder) of your government, on the whole your country's culture is still more appealing than some others. Culture is both an influence to, and an effect of government policy and action -- yet it retains an independence to government. Which could well be what this gameplay quirk is illustrating! ;)

I honnestly don't see what's so strange about this screenshot honestly, I've gotten tons of cites to flip during Anarchy

I think it looks kind of interesting. I mean, the city is now a band of rebels, so they're joining the rebels of the new government (that wants to take over) in your anarchy. :)

They're fed up with the oppresion of their government and want to feel free in your anarchist civ :)

Originally posted by HotDog Fish
I honnestly don't see what's so strange about this screenshot honestly, I've gotten tons of cites to flip during Anarchy

I have too, during the switch from republic to democracy

They thought there must be soccer games in your country, and that's why they wanted to join the anarchy. :lol:

It happened to me once too. I was in the middle of a revolution and 3 cities overthrew and flipped to me. It was cool but it was also unexpected. I was in Chieftain - obviously.

What I find more curious about the screenshot is that he has 30+ cities but hasn't yet seen the whole world map....not even the whole map of the continent he is on....

World maps on huge games can be really expensive.... especially if you are holding off on trading your own map (for whatever reason). Sometimes I don't bother with maps unless I need the sea trade route.

how do you do a screen shot???? i have a really good one i want to submit and i dont know how to do it. i have the game saved and i might not play it (it might change things) until i can get a shot of it.

BTW what do i get if i submit it and its used? do i get credit for the shot?

its about borders. china has a three square border not even touching any of their mainland border,there are spaces between it and china. really weird and i want to submit it, ive seen one square situations like this but never a three square!

Originally posted by CivIIenthusiast
how do you do a screen shot???? i have a really good one i want to submit and i dont know how to do it. i have the game saved and i might not play it (it might change things) until i can get a shot of it.

BTW what do i get if i submit it and its used? do i get credit for the shot?

its about borders. china has a three square border not even touching any of their mainland border,there are spaces between it and china. really weird and i want to submit it, ive seen one square situations like this but never a three square!

If you are using Windows, all you have to do to get a screenshot, press PrintScreen key, then open PaintBrush and paste it (Ctrl + V), finally save file.
Are the three border squares you mentioned a sea squares? If not, it would be great SOTD!

I think they're baiting us, for potentially funny responses instead ;) I think I was the only one that fully understood what I said above in this thread -- and only just for the moment I posted it! Looking back at it now... erm... :D

Top Bottom