Screenshot of the Day #26: Let's Trade!

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Commercial civs such as England are so commercial-minded that they will trade with you even if they have nothing to trade!

Queen Elizabeth made me a deal that I could not refuse. This came after the Zulu sacked their capital. (I accepted, and nothing happened, fyi...)

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd26.jpg

Thanks to Ben deGonzague for the screenshot.

717g+68 gper turn ,not comercial trait
hum i understand you are in golden age but
... was this chieftain?
the editor has been modified?
i dont get that much gold and gold per turn in 30 BC
in monarchy ..
and you dont have a huge territory too..
why dont you use your gold per turn in happyness?
notice Miami's terrain improvment
and why are you building a courthouse instead of military unit.. marketplace or setler?
this is a strange screenshot
for me
explain your game :p

She is a woman... she just wanted to talk to someone...

She was probably very stressed with the Zulu's invasion... :cry:

So, what's the deal with the deal? ;)

I see nothing odd though with the GPT. Lots of goody huts, strong trades... Maybe they just saved up their money. :)

It should have read "could you spare a dime". I think the AI is looking for a handout.

I think what happens is that the AI is programmed to offer u trades every so now and then. So, when the time comes up, it will offer you whatever it has. This could also explain the frequent WM for WM offers & TM for TM offers. This would also explain the behaviour of the AI in offering trades at spaced out intervals instead of any 2 consecutive turns. Better programming needed!

we know map making is required for trading maps. what if it was incorrectly modified so this is actually ofer for trading maps?

How very Zen of Elizabeth . . . contemplate now the offer of 'nothing'.

Hmmm .. maybe she was offering *herself*? :D

To anser you questions, no I wasn't playing with photoshop. While I did modify the game (more movement to naval units and more points to vetern and elite units) nothing was done to change the way the AI interacts (i don't believe the editor allows it!). Also, I tried out a trainer for the first time and gave myself money to rush wonders. So that's how I ended up with lots of money so soon. Yes, I cheated a little :)

Ben

you call that wierd? in my games (chiftain) i earn +38 in prety the start... (after 3-4 techs..)
in his level i alredy earn 80+...

i guss he is too found a way to earn money (cheat)
i earn it becuase of low levels (chiftein)

It is when they start demanding nothing that you realise how squeezed dry you have been!

Top Bottom