Screenshot of the Day #28: Nuclear Party

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Today's screenshot is a perfect example of "You can nuke us, but you can never break our spirit!". The Iroquois deserve some respect for that... :goodjob:

Near the end of a rather short and easy war with the Iroquois, I was preparing to take Salamanca. I rolled my Modern Armour through the mess created by someone else's nuke, and up to the gates of the town to watch their units get destroyed by my artillery. I was about to bombard them when I noticed the strangest thing. Fireworks! This city just got nuked and it's citizens were happy??? WTF are they smoking? Radioactive Reefer?

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd28.jpg

Thanks to General Nuker for the screenshot. :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

Maybe it isn't fireworks...maybe it's some sort of fallout effects.

was it nuked? I thought nukes destroyed all terrain improvements within the 9 square radias of the hit? Of course I;ve only used ICBM's might it have been a tac nuke? just curious.

lateralis

Maybe those were signal flairs. :) Or ammo exploding.

Originally posted by lateralis
was it nuked? I thought nukes destroyed all terrain improvements within the 9 square radias of the hit? Of course I;ve only used ICBM's might it have been a tac nuke? just curious.

lateralis

They all are. Its just that that part of the map isn't revealed so his map isn't updated.

Maybe the nuke released some drugs that made them all happy. But a strange part of that sotd is the rifleman that's guarding it - I thought that all units were destroyed when a nuke hit a city in or around it.

Originally posted by hbdragon88
Maybe the nuke released some drugs that made them all happy. But a strange part of that sotd is the rifleman that's guarding it - I thought that all units were destroyed when a nuke hit a city in or around it.
Maybe he took the screenshot a few turns after the city got nuked...

They would be happy then that they wouldn't have to work - you can't work polluted squares! But w/ a 21 square radius they could - so it has to be something different.

Originally posted by hbdragon88

no they have 50% chance of living.

Originally posted by dannyevilcat
:lol: I'd be partying too, if I'd just survived a nuclear holocaust.

While they may be happy for surviving the whole holocaust, they should be sad for losing half of their family relatives...unless of course they were parents-in-laws :D

Originally posted by penvzila
What difficulty level is that on?
Monarch.

When I took over the city, the citizens immediately became unhappy and some even resisted. Apparently my soldiers confiscated all that stuff they were smoking. I haven't seen any more fireworks on the east coast after that. But my military advisor now tells me that troop morale is high!;)

Hehe a great screenshot! But yu have some mean soldiers! Ain't they ever heard of sharing the dope! :D

Top Bottom