Screenshot of the Day #31: Spy Captured

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
It's well known that Civilization III advisors have some emotional problems. For example, sometimes the domestic advisor frowns when your citizens are happy. And in today's screenshot, the foreign advisor is happy that your own spy got captured. They probably will rejoice when you fire them... :crazyeye:

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd31.jpg

Thanks to RufRydyr for the screenshot.

Originally posted by Knight-Dragon
That's an awesomely packed map. :eek: So many cities.

Yeah, I was just looking at it and thinking how incredibly boring and time-consuming it would be to play so many cities. Good god, there must be dozens....

Originally posted by Richard III
Yeah, I was just looking at it and thinking how incredibly boring and time-consuming it would be to play so many cities. Good god, there must be dozens....

Over a hundred I'd guess.

Originally posted by Hamlet
Isn't he in 'neutral' mode there?
There is no neutral mood. The only ones are happy, angry, sad, and surprised.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This guy is for sure an idiot! :lol: :lol:

Thunderfall, I can recall I sent you a similar SOTD where the Foreign Advisor was happy because of a Millitary Alliance againts us, but I mast say this beats it!!

What's all the (Indian) next to the city names for? What setting gets the civ that owns it in parenthese? I would like to use that setting!

I must be looking at a picture of some distant galaxy!:eek: All those cities...

Originally posted by hbdragon88
What's all the (Indian) next to the city names for? What setting gets the civ that owns it in parenthese? I would like to use that setting!

It's in the Preferences Menu -- access it at game launch or through the little icon in the upper left of the map screens, left-most, next to the civilopedia icon (could also be CTRL-P as a hotkey - I can't remember). I believe the preference item is "Color Blind Help" or something similar relating to color-blindness.

Now when we nicely have 31 screenshots-of-the-day how about a poll for which is the best of them? :scan: That would be(come) a monthly tradition posted by Thunderfall.
:king:

Originally posted by ZeroOne
Now when we nicely have 31 screenshots-of-the-day how about a poll for which is the best of them? :scan: That would be(come) a monthly tradition posted by Thunderfall.
:king:
As I remembered it, only max of 20 choices in the poll, so a bit hard to do a poll for 31 choices. What's more, will increase with each new SoTD. ;)

OK then... Well Thunderfall(/someone) should simply pre-select the 20 best of them (or drop out the ten worst, heh).
What comes into the increasing number of SoTDs, I of course meant that only the SoTDs from the previous month would be included in the poll!

Originally posted by Yzman
Whats really weird is being in a golden age during anarchy...:lol:

You noticed that too, huh? The only thing that sux more than anarchy during GA is being in anarchy twice during my GA!!! 14 turns of no production. It's ok though, I slaughtered them for causing it.

Yes, I'm a big fan of ICS. There's probably hundreds not dozens. :crazyeye: I use the governer to manage happiness and make the same units. I automate most of the workers. It's a pain at times, but I like going for the highest score.

Look for the game on the HOF in a month or so. It's a Monarch level game and the current projection is for 17,000 points. :king:

I think that the Foreign Advisor is ticked off at you not following his advice like he tells you to offer some extra resources and you don't do it, or sign an MPP with a crummy nation - and he was probably frowning at your spy-planting, so he was happy happy happy!

Top Bottom