Screenshot of the Day #32: Historians

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
So it is true that Civ3 historians write "Great" Books while they are drunk... :D

I began playing and as the Iroquois. I began exploring and found the Japanese. Ok.. that's great, but a few turns later the 'History of the World' dialog appears. Well I mean..... I've nothing against the Japanese but....aaah! (at least I made it to the top of the list...)

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd32.jpg

Thanks to Shinyglasses for the submission.

HAHAHA
I nearly split my sides laughing.
Why won't it show any other nations? Is it because 1) You have set it for you and the Japs or that 2) It is a wierd bug?

I've seen stranger lists. Once, I saw an image (tucked away in the forums somewhere...) of 2 barb civs in the list!

Originally posted by Chieftess
I've seen stranger lists. Once, I saw an image (tucked away in the forums somewhere...) of 2 barb civs in the list!
That was actually one of the SOTDs... :)

Out of curiousity, what patch is being played?

Maybe there're a few clans of the Japanese. :) Like the Hojo, Minamoto, Taira etc etc.

Originally posted by Chieftess
Yeah, that was mine. SOTD #13 I think. Showed the barbarians as 'Glorious'

Hmmm, Im a little skeptical. Pesoloco released a 'great book' utility. This screenshot might be made using that.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30849

I know the Barb's one is real. By any chance did you play that game through Fr8monkey? because, I think it was Exsanguination, played a game against the barbs :eek: They even had a city! The save game is somewhere around here (I'll look for a link) but he said it happened when re-installing Civ iii.

EDIT: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26623&highlight=barbarian

Originally posted by hbdragon88
Out of curiousity, what patch is being played?

I'd like to know too what patch is being played.
BTW, I liked the irrigated tiles... I always had the normal blue lines for irrigation

No, PC. I played untill Med times and got bored; but the Barb. thing never came up again. Maybe the rival civ destroyed them.

The patch i used was the latest one, with snoopy's new terrain.
I didn't edit the history book using a utility program or anything, it just happened.....

shinyglasses-I didn't edit the history book using a utility program or anything, it just happened.....
:D Wow, that’s weird. Sorry I doubted you, I just couldn’t believe it:eek:. Thanks for the excellent screen shot:goodjob:
Fr8monkey- Maybe the rival civ destroyed them.
That’s very possible, In the save game, it seemed the only thing barbarians built was warriors. I never played that one through either :undecide: But maybe later they would build Horsemen!?! Anyway you look at it, it was strange. They had Sky Scrapers in there city!

cgannon64-Why is the Great Historian list so buggy? We've seen everything on it now, from all one civ to barbarians!

I don't get it, I've been playing Civ3 for quite some time now, and I have yet to experience a buggy 'great historian list'. Maybe you guys downloaded a buggy patch? :eek:

Top Bottom