Screenshot of the Day #33: Clash of the Titans

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Today's screenshot is not as weird as other SOTDs but it's still an interesting screenshot. You don't get to see two armies fight to the death often in Civ3, especially if you are a builder. Also, you can take a sneak peek at the latest version of Warstorm's watercolor terrain, which will be included in the PTW expansion pack.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd33.jpg

Thanks to Warpstorm for the submission.

Who won? The samurai, I hope... but you never can tell.

Warpstorm, the graphic mod looks great... though I may retain the original irrigation. I'm looking forward to using it!

I also really like the watercolor terrain. Makes the game look a little like a comic book. I wonder if speech and thought bubbles could be added?

The Samurais.

That's quite beautiful carnage on an even prettier landscape. This mod looks really good.

I even thought the SOTD was for the mod - not the two battling armies. :)

Dueling Armies - pih - I had 3 armies of Cavalry as an advanced invasion force (with the rest of 4 transports full of Infantry) unload on a hill as part of a beach-head invasion. The AI attacked me with 3 Knight Armies and 1 Infantry Army. It was a bloody battle, and I emerged victorious. The sad part was that one of my Vet Infantry single handledly took out the Infantry Army, and did not become Elite. How unlucky is that.

Cool, smallstepforman. Like I told Thunderfall when I sent in the shot, in the many months that I've been playing Civ3 I've never run into the case where an Army attacked another Army. Oh, I've attacked with armies and been attacked by armies, but never had the situatio where an army attacked another.

Top Bottom