New Unit: Turret

GoodWin

Chieftain
Turret
It includes: Default, Fidget, Fortify, Bombard (Attack) and Death Flics.

Attachments

• turret01.zip
    201.5 KB · Views: 990
Here is preview of Bombard…

Attachments

• turretshoot.gif
    turretshoot.gif
    20.1 KB · Views: 3,916
Cooool- make it buildable in coastal cities only - an immovable coastal battery with deadly bombardement towards the sea (these guns are hard to move towards the land as they are usually installed in a fixed position and should not be as effective against land borne-troops)

High range paired with ZOC: strategically positioned cities will become prime assets, controlling waterways much more effectivelly than ever before !!!

They should be expensive though :o to impede than the AI will build too many of them- what AI flag should best be given, anyone ??

edit: all it needs is an i.i file and cool, deep firing and turning sounds :goodjob:

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r
Cooool- make it buildable in coastal cities only - an immovable coastal battery with deadly bombardement towards the sea (these guns are hard to move towards the land as they are usually installed in a fixed position and should not be as effective against land borne-troops)

Does Zone of Control apply to sea units?
Like if a boat goes by it will shoot it?
I don't think it does, but the bombard action will let you hit them.

I love those smoke effects :) Great unit, just a question... What program did you do this in?

if it is at all possible to do... a land unit w/ a very high cost, a mov. fac. of 0, zoc, bombard (reasonably high), airdrop of 8?, 1 defence (for the reason... most people would line their coasts with them making it almost impossible to place units in enemy territory via amphibious assault (i would.)) avail. w/ (insert tech here)? resourses are aluminum/? and whatever else suits your tastes.

i,m quite sure that the ai would not use it this way.
but you never know.

oh... and goodwin, nice work. :)

forgot to add. can this unit use "rotate before attack"

Hmm. Do you have time to make a paradrop animation? Perhaps a crate that falls with a chute attached, and when it hits the ground, the sides of the box fall revealing the turret.

That would be awesome

GIDustin

I have a coastal turret in my games currently, and it works well, and the comp even uses it. Set it as a sea unit, immoble, give it bombard values, and bombard abilities, and go, and it works!

To Kinboat:
it’s 3DS max 5.0... but I didn’t use build-in Explosion (Combustion) effect for smoke.

To Stainz:
My opinion about statistic:
First of all it’s LAND unit!
Attack – none
Defense – none
Move – 2 or 3 (it use for bombard)
Bombard – very strong, with range as for Battleship (actually it’s same turret as used in battleships). Blitz possible (for multishoot bombard).
Lethal land/sea bombard. As fact: such turrets had been used for land bombard more often, then for sea at WWI-II.
Immobile, but for placement outside city use Paradrop. Range of Paradrop on your choice (I use 8)
Req. Tech – Mass Production.
Req. Res – Iron, Rubber, Saltpeter

To GIDustin:
Really I thought about it.
I can’t give U any promises, but I’ll try to find couple hours.

Is there a patch available for lethal bomardment? Cos my version of the editor doesnt have it. If so, does anyone know where to get it?

Oh, very VERY nice unit btw, thanks!

Top Bottom