Screenshot of the Day #37: Utopia

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
In Civilization III, you can not only construct an empire that stands the test of time, but also a utopia!

Well the poeple in this civ live 99 years and their families have 21 children each... now thats a utopia!;)

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd37.jpg

I suppose some people would say this is hell with so many people on earth. :p

Thanks to Philippe Hollebeke for the screenshot.

Wow! Was that a 1CC? Probably a large city if it were a 1CC...

It doesn't seem possible that it's a 1CC. Look at the Population numbers and Land Area. Regardless, I'd really like to see the Save Game file for this one. I could probably learn a thing or two from it.

this is probably a dumb question, but i have never been able to figure out how to use those statistics. some of them are obvious: pollution i can figure. but what about military service? can you improve military service stat by building more units? and what is up with life expectancy? how do you extend that (aside from building genetics of course). is there a FAQ or something that would give a line-by-line rundown of what these stats mean and how to effect change in them?

Not sure about some of the others, but I regularly get really low numbers for military service. I think it's because I don't keep old obsolete units hanging around. When something newer becomes available, I either disband the old ones or upgrade them (depending on my financial situation at the moment...) Whereas the AI players still have warriors running around alongside their modern armor.
:rolleyes:

this guy has like 114 million pop :eek: i kidna wish civ3 was more relaistic pop wise i.e a big empire should have like 100-200 million and china has over a billion people but i dont know if its even possible to get a billion people in one civ in the game

I have a question.

How does you calculate life expectancy and family size, what are the keys to get high numbers in that lines???

:confused:

always get low scores there
:(

thanx!
:)

I was going to ask the very same questions as foodguy and Zcylen. How are those things there determined?

How about the bad things, pollution and disease? Would this guy be ranked #1 in them if there were none of them at all in his empire? Is a long military service a good or a bad thing (hmm, bad, I assume)?

For the family size it is fairly easy, it is how much food do you produce vs the food you comsume. If a city produce 12 food, and consume 4, there is a baby boom, if it is 60 and comsume 58, very few baby will it be. For the military service, i really do not know.

The F11 screen sux. It has lots of useless stuff and doesn't have some of the useful info. it should. I look at pollution sometimes (1 ton=1 square). I'll also investigate the city ranked number 1 in culture periodically, but the rest of the stuff is a waste for the most part IMHO.

I thought I read on some thread here that land area divided by 100 represents the number of tiles you occupy, but that means this guy occupies 3215 tiles! Is that even possible on a huge map?

21 WIVES!!

Holy moley - I've been married long enough that 21 wives could quite possibly be a worse existance than 21 kids!! It'd bad enough trying to get on the PC now to play Civ3...

I think maybe Henry VIII had the right idea. :lol:

Ado

Originally posted by billindenver
I thought I read on some thread here that land area divided by 100 represents the number of tiles you occupy, but that means this guy occupies 3215 tiles! Is that even possible on a huge map?

Sure. I'm on a huge map at the moment. I use MapStat to see how many tiles I have and how many are left before triggering a victory cause I like to go for HOF points. According to F11 I have a land mass of 359,500 miles.

Attachments

• 0000 mapstat example.jpg
    0000 mapstat example.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 729
Top Bottom