Screenshot of the Day #39: Monster Production

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I normally don't post SOTDs on weekends, but since I have about 2 weeks supply of SOTD-worthy screenshots, I think I can make an exception. :) Yesterday's SOTD was about ghost, and today's SOTD is about monsters. Halloween is really around the corner... ;)

I think this is about the maximum production a city can have. It's in war-time mobilization and GA. Iron Works, Manufacturing Plant, Nuclear Plant. I'd like to have such a city in my next (real) game :)

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd39.jpg

Please keep taking those cool screenshots and keep them coming! Thanks to NativeOne for the submisison.

Sweet mother of Jesus!!! If you didn't cheat to get that, consider yourself one damn lucky civer. I'm happy to get 200 in any of my cities... Always wondered how high it could go.

I think it's pretty obvious this city was created using the editor. :) Just look at the culture... only 234 pts...

It's still an amazing screenshot and a worthy SOTD. :)

Originally posted by ZeroOne
Hmm, my record is some >= 102 shields / turn / city, without any tricks. There is a screenshot of it at http://koti.mbnet.fi/villes/Civ3/2/1826ad.gif .

You can increase the production in that city by adding some workers to that city. There is one flood plain square being used by the neighboring city. Put one of the new workers on that and then a couple on the mountains and mine them.

Wow. That's amazing.
So what's the biggest population city someone has gotten that is self-supporting? I had a size 40 or 41. It was mosty flood plains after nuking a couple of river cities that were close to each other.

The biggest self-supporting city I have ever had was someting in the low 30s. And the highest production was about 100. But 500...!

CG

Originally posted by cgannon64
The biggest self-supporting city I have ever had was someting in the low 30s. And the highest production was about 100. But 500...!

CG

Was that with or without GA and war-time economy like this?

Originally posted by Thunderfall
I think it's pretty obvious this city was created using the editor. :) Just look at the culture... only 234 pts...

It's still an amazing screenshot and a worthy SOTD. :)

Not to mention that it's 3950 BC....

Originally posted by dawgboy

It is probably from a scenerio, which explains everything. So don't turn on this guy as a cheater, this city was legitamitely created in the editor. I guess this shows you how far you can go in one city, if you keep pollution in check.

CG

Originally posted by dawgboy

He must have completed the new "Time Travel" Great Wonder. It's turns the clock back on your civ! :jump:

Obviously, it was created in the editor. I don't think I've gotten productivity over 200 legit. But then again I never got that awesome of a city location either.

Slightly off topic, but I heard that PTW will not allow you to add workers/settlers to a city that is starving.

While you would never find this on a random map (10 coal, 3 iron, and aluminum in the same city), it is, to say the least, very interesting. You can get more production out of a city like this, though. If six of the mountains were hills, you could mine three of the grasslands. This would increase the base production by six shields, and the net production by 24 shields.

GA = Golden Age

also notice the "several" coal spots!

Originally posted by RufRydyr
Wow. That's amazing.
So what's the biggest population city someone has gotten that is self-supporting? I had a size 40 or 41.

Only 40 or 41? I have gotten it up to 82 without cheats, seriously I hadn't used the editer or any trainers or anything, I was amazed.

Originally posted by Grawss

Only 40 or 41? I have gotten it up to 82 without cheats, seriously I hadn't used the editer or any trainers or anything, I was amazed.

How? Was this on a custom map, with cows everywhere that were all irrigated? Seriously, if it size 82, it would require 164 food per turn.

*cgannon64 does the math*

That is an average of 7.8 food per square! I demand to know how that is possible!

CG

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the most food any one tile can provide is seven. That would be an irrigated, railroaded flood plain with wheat. I have seen random positions with 5 of these such tiles, but even 20 of these plus the city tile would only yield a total of 142 food, supporting a maximum of 71 citizens.

Maybe all Grawss's citizens then instantly died on starvation, he had just inhabited 70 workers there. Quite sadistic... ;)

Or he might be thinking of Civ2 where you were able to carry surplus food to other cities...

Top Bottom