Screenshot of the Day #43: Crazy Science Advisor

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I received three SOTD submissions about a science advisor bug that sometimes occur at the beginning of a new era for a scientfic Civ or when Theory of Evolution is completed. Here is one of the 3 screenshots:

I got this message when I chose to research Nationalism right after I had discovered Theory of Gravity, and because I was scientifc I got Nationalism for free. Just another sign that the advisors are little crazy sometimes.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd43.jpg

Good news: I forwarded those screenshots to Firaxis a week ago and they told me this bug is fixed in Play the World. Thanks to Sim_One for the screenshot.

PS: The other two screenshots (#2 #3) were submitted by Godinex and Paalikles, by the way. Thanx.

I still get the one where he says "We already know these secrets" when you select Theory of Gravity after selecting other end-level techs..

I'm assuming he already knows masonry... is the bug that he gets an old, outdated tech that he already has for "free"? Or did he get Nationalism, but the advisor said it was Masonry? I never pick Nationalism, since I seem to get it for free every time anyway.

I'm a little disappointed that Firaxis is doing what so many other publishers are doing with their games- delaying or ignoring simple bug fixes until the expansion is released so that people are forced to buy them (or live with it).

this is a very natural event that happens when you've been playing Civ3 for too long in one sitting. All it needs is a system restart and these will go away the moment you're back. ;)

He got Nationalism, but the advisor says he got Masonry. The advisor also claims he got the tech from the Chinese, even though it was got as a free tech. But this is a small bug since it doesn't affect game play - it's only the text that is screwed up. BTW, a system restart won't help.

Yes, I've had this many times. Recently, after researching an advanced tech. (fusion or something similar) I was told that I had learnt the secrets of Masonry from the Americans. Whoopee.

I think I actually acquired Mansory from the Chinese when we first made contact. This isn't so much of a bug as the science advisor is telling the truth. But he's being ******ed anyway. :D

As for my screenshot (#3) I remember that I got Republic from the two civs that my science-advisor is mentioning. Though that was years( ages) ago when the screenshot was taken.
I think "Meier" got his archives mixed up when he presented me with the news; it is not a big deal as it does nothing to the game whatsoever.

I dug up an old save of another game - where I was Greece. Played for a while onto era-change. At that point I got steam working for free, and had to research nationalism.
Now there is a freebie I wont mind any day of the week.:D
(I would post a save, but I deleted the game to save some space.)

No one see my screenshot... :(

Top Bottom