Screenshot of the Day #45: Make more friends!

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
This screenshot is really simple but it always makes me laugh when it comes up. You spend an invigorating game disemboweling all your neighbors and then in the end when you have destroyed everyone, your gleeful foreign advisor pops up and tells you that you need to "Make more friends". Yeah, laughing boy that's the ticket. Let's travel to new and exotic places and meet new and exciting people and the kill them, too.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd45.jpg

Thanks to Cracker for the screenshot.

Is this a joke? Advisor screen seems to be about half normal height :crazyeye: and this CivFanatics logo... I'm suspicious :)
Anyway, it is probably possible to call advisor after eliminating everyone in "just couple of turns more, please" mode. I haven't tried yet, though.

Yeah, the strange thing was the abnormal sized Leader head... what is this?

This screen shot is no joke, but I squeezed it down a bit to eliminate alot of the dead space just so it would download more quickly for you. All the images and text are eactly as generate by the game, just squeezed in.

For record, this shot is from the Unmodded real-deal V1.29 civ3.

The leader head and the advisor heads are not any larger than normal, just all the dead space is reduced to make the image web friendly. Some of these screen shots have interesting info in them but I try to preserve the integrity of the image while making it smaller and faster for everyone to download and enjoy.

The Civfanatics Watermark is just a courtesy to TF, so people will be able to trace the image back to where it was published. Technically, everyone can add an appropriate watermark to their screenshots to help permanently ID the source of the info.

This is the actual screen shot from the foreign advisor at the end of my Tournament 3-2 game that is still open for submissions. Note, that this screen shot is not a spoiler even though it comes from the open tournament game because this screen is what every game should look like at the end.

Anyone can access this screen even before doing the "play on" thing because after you kill your last opponent, you just sit alone in the world until you press the enter key to end your turn. Technically the victory condition does not engage until after you end your turn.

Originally posted by cracker
Anyone can access this screen even before doing the "play on" thing because after you kill your last opponent, you just sit alone in the world until you press the enter key to end your turn. Technically the victory condition does not engage until after you end your turn.

Or if you disabled Conquest/Domination victory conditions. ;)

Well you could always make some imaginary friends. It would help you pass the time as you sit around with the world all to yourself. :D But then you'd probably just kill your imaginary friends too....

Originally posted by Sim_One

Or if you disabled Conquest/Domination victory conditions. ;)
You cannot disable Conquest. I remember when I first conquered everyone and was a bit surprised that the game did not end. I had to move all remaining units and wait till next turn as Cracker said.

Doesn't this also come up when you haven't met anyone yet too? I htink I once had the advisor saying "Make more friends" when I hadn't met anyone yet...

I get that alot its funny but u get weird circles where they used to be or is that just me?:sheep:

Originally posted by Shinan
Doesn't this also come up when you haven't met anyone yet too? I htink I once had the advisor saying "Make more friends" when I hadn't met anyone yet...
That makes sense though. He's saying to meet the other civs and makes friends with them.
Originally posted by Sgt.Hellfish
I get that alot its funny but u get weird circles where they used to be or is that just me?:sheep:
You mean those empty circles? That happens to me too. I wonder if they are removed in a patch. (I haven't conquered anyone since I got the patch.)

This screen shot is no joke, but I squeezed it down a bit to eliminate alot of the dead space just so it would download more quickly for you. All the images and text are eactly as generate by the game, just squeezed in.

I cropped the heck out of some pics and submitted them for SOTD, but then TF said they were too small! I figured it would make it easier to see the essential point and be easier to download.

When you say 'watermark', are you just pasting a transparent image of the logo or are you doing it a different way?

Originally posted by Gen

You cannot disable Conquest. I remember when I first conquered everyone and was a bit surprised that the game did not end. I had to move all remaining units and wait till next turn as Cracker said.

You don't have to move all your units. Shift-Enter will end the turn.

That makes sense though. He's saying to meet the other civs and makes friends with them.
Perhaps but you basically don't KNOW there are any other people in the world besides you back then though (except for barbarians and those aren't good friends 8^)

Originally posted by Grey Fox
Yes you can, and you can start without the AI if you do.
Oops... sorry, you have the point. Somehow I managed to replace Histograph with Conquest :crazyeye:

The Civfanatics Watermark is just a courtesy to TF, so people will be able to trace the image back to where it was published. Technically, everyone can add an appropriate watermark to their screenshots to help permanently ID the source of the info.

It would be nice to have an "official" Civfanatics watermark to add to screenshots: Cracker, did you make it yourself or is it anywhere available for download?

I laughed pretty hard the first time I saw that screen (in one of my own games, that is).

Still, it'd be even better if they'd make the Advisor say something to the effect that "You've put me out of a job! How am I gonna feed my children now?" in this situation.

Top Bottom