Term 3 Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Wartime Diplomacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
This thread should be used to bring to the attention of the foreign affairs ministry any issues regarding our relationships with other civilizations.

Foreign Affairs Minister: Eyrei

Foreign Affairs Deputy: FortyJ

Term 2 thread

My congratulations to the both of you. It's really good to see you back in office eyrei.

My first question for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is how will we address future calls for war against our nieghbors, such as Japan? How will the F/A Ministry decide if it condones aggressive military action or stands against it?

Eyrei
Congratulations on your election. I'm glad to be working with you this term.

As head of the Cartographic Office, I'd like to remind you that you have been granted city naming rights. Please register your city name with the Cartographic Office.

Cyc: Personally, I wish to declare war on the Japanese within a few turns of our annexation of the Aztec lands. I will post a proposal for discussion in the next couple days to see what everyone else thinks.

FortyJ: I am happy to have you as a deputy. Please feel free to take any initiative you feel is necessary if I am absent or slow to respond to something. But, give me a chance to post my proposal that I mentioned above first. I should post it sometime tomorrow. Do keep in mind that I prefer to have all decisions made before the turn chat begins, if at all possible.

eyrei
I agree. Ideally, we should be posting polls and discussions for actions that would be taken at the turn chat following the one upcoming (ie. one week in advance). Of course, it won't always work that way, but we should try to avoid last minute decisions as much as possible.
In my humble opinion...

Official City placement poll (part two). This one deals with the city after next, and is a quick poll

Again, time is short so please vote as soon as possible if you wish to influence the end decision!

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
I humbly ask FA on its opinon for a (another) war with america.

All will be addressed shortly. As soon as the server calms down I will post a proposal for discussion.;)

A discussion of long term foreign policy has been started here .

With Friends like these...
Generally speaking, we're not well liked by our neighbors. This is probably a result of our lack of embassies and our recent aggressive behavior towards Azteca.

Note: Who hired this advisor? Ask our soldiers on the front line about those Aztecs!

The Next Step

With the Aztec war winding down, and with the prospect of another war with either Japan or America, we should start considering the idea of establishing a few embassies with some key nations. For example, if Japan is our next target, then we may wish to get friendly with Russia. Similarly, if we are to go after America, then perhaps we should befriend England and France.
Code:
[u]Civ[/u]			[u]Embassy[/u]		[u]Diplomatic Status[/u]
England			40g		Peace
France			55g		Peace
Russia			71g		Peace
Babylon			65g		Peace
Persia			78g		Peace
Zululand		68g		Peace
Rome			56g		Peace
Egypt			75g		Peace
Greece			84g		Peace
Azteca			~~~		[COLOR=red][b]WAR[/b][/COLOR]
America			38g		Peace
Iriquois Nation		57g		Peace
China			51g		Peace
Japan			42g		Peace
India			41g		Peace
Japan
As we disovered recently, Japan's territory extends all the way to Azteca. However, it is now clear that they have at least two cities near the Aztec borders. Once the process of Aztec assimilation is complete, we will find ourselves with an unfriendly (and potentially aggressive) nation right on our borders!

America
While America may not appear to be as much of an immediate threat as the Japanese, we do know a good bit about them because of their territory map. As the image below indicates, they not only have access to two sources of iron, but they also have access to horses as well.

Excellent job FortyJ!!!:goodjob: :goodjob: If I could give you a raise I would.

Anyway, I agree that we need to choose a couple of potential allies and go ahead and establish embassies. My first choices would be Russia and England, since they border civs that we will most likely war against soon.

Aside from the always suspicious sight of a grinning Shaka, that foreign advisor screen looks distinctly odd. Did you load up the save using PTW, FortyJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom