(Quick Poll) 0% Science

Do you accept the proposal set out in the first post?

• Yes

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Eklektikos

Eponymous
Proposal:

We set the science slider to 0% and hire a Scientist in Tlaxcala.

This will allow us to research at our current speed while gaining extra gold per turn. Tlaxcala's productivity will not be affected by this change, as it is currently completely paralysed by corruption and waste.

Here is the relevant discussion thread.

This poll will run for 36 hours or until quorum is reached

I voted no.... For only a +1 gpt benefit it isn't worth it. Switch the entertainer to start working on some terrian and increase the production.

Strider: Tlaxcala is completely paralysed by corruption and waste, so working the tiles there gives no actual production or commerce benefit whatsoever.

Originally posted by Eklektikos
Strider: Tlaxcala is completely paralysed by corruption and waste, so working the tiles there gives no actual production or commerce benefit whatsoever.

It can not give no commerce benefit... It gives something to both the production & commerce.... And Tlaxcala is not that far away. It should not have that much corruption.

Strider, the reason we only have a 1gpt gain is because we have so few cities around our capital, and tons of units! Once we start building more cities, it'll go up. All science needs to do is focus on tech trades every 5 turns. (preferably, every turn)

It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a screenshot showing just how useless it is to work tiles in Tlaxcala at present:

Note that all shields are being wasted and all commerce is, with the exception of one point generated by the city tile, being lost to corruption. We have nothing to lose by making one of the citizens a scientist.

Originally posted by Chieftess
Strider, the reason we only have a 1gpt gain is because we have so few cities around our capital, and tons of units! Once we start building more cities, it'll go up. All science needs to do is focus on tech trades every 5 turns. (preferably, every turn)

Couple of problems with that....

1. We are behind in techs.... We won't have any tech trades.

2. Yes we have far to few cities, but a +1 gpt benefit isn't going to help us much.... I'd support it if it was a +5 gpt benefit, but +1 is not going to work. If we can switch that guy to a worker, it would allow us a higher production rate. Which in itself when mixed with the right improvements of course could increase the gpt faster then it would if we made him a scientist. Right now we need the production. Are economy is complete ruin. That extra production could help out in the area that are economy is the worst.

Also note that in your map.... The city is in civil disorder, but both of those citizens are content? Your map is useless....

How is Tlaxcala in disorder? Both citizens seem to be content...

Originally posted by eyrei
Since that citizen in Tlaxcala isn't producing anything by normal means, by using this strategy, it is producing 1 science and 1 commerce. I would say that is beneficial...

He's producing shields.... without them we wouldn't be able to build anything ;)

True, that map is not entirely accurate. However, that citizen cannot work the fields, so to speak, because of unhappiness. So why not have it produce 1 science and 1 gpt?

Both of the Citizens in that city are content.... So yes he can work the fields.... Normally I would be for the increase in science, but this city is on the front lines.... get a road to it and you can make it into producing swordsmen.

Originally posted by Strider

He's producing shields.... without them we wouldn't be able to build anything ;)

You are watching the forum way too closely, Strider. That post was only up for a matter of seconds...:p

You are watching the forum way too closely, Strider. That post was only up for a matter of seconds...:p

I have nothing better to do.... My brother came and set a snake(alive) in my room and said to watch it. We don't really like each other.... So it claimed the floor and I claimed the chair :)

Anyway, Tenochtitlan may be the better city to do this in. It's one citizen is unhappy, even after military policing, and has to be an entertainer if not a scientist or tax collector. I say we strike this poll, and start another. The next turn chat isn't until Monday...

haha!

Anyway, to point 1: We aren't getting anywhere fast at 10%. We need a bargaining chip. To the west, there's gems. To the NW, and SW, there's fur. We can use the extra fur (IF we expand fast enough) as a bargaining chip. (and other resources as well).

point 2: Didn't you read what I said? :) The more cities we build, the better.

Anyway, Tenochtitlan may be the better city to do this in. It's one citizen is unhappy, even after military policing, and has to be an entertainer if not a scientist or tax collector. I say we strike this poll, and start another. The next turn chat isn't until Monday...

Yes.... That sounds like a much better place to do it in.

haha!

Anyway, to point 1: We aren't getting anywhere fast at 10%. We need a bargaining chip. To the west, there's gems. To the NW, and SW, there's fur. We can use the extra fur (IF we expand fast enough) as a bargaining chip. (and other resources as well).

point 2: Didn't you read what I said? :) The more cities we build, the better.

1. Yes we need a bargaining chip, but what does furs have to do with a 0% science rate?

2. Didn't you read what I said?

1. It was an example. At this high difficulty, trade is MUCH more important, otherwise, you won't keep up. Not to mention there's 16 civs, and techs will be flying almost every turn.

2. Yes. The reason our economy is in ruins is because: a. We have so few non-corrupt cities. b. We've over extended ourselves with units. More cities = more commerce

1. It was an example. At this high difficulty, trade is MUCH more important, otherwise, you won't keep up. Not to mention there's 16 civs, and techs will be flying almost every turn.

2. Yes. The reason our economy is in ruins is because: a. We have so few non-corrupt cities. b. We've over extended ourselves with units. More cities = more commerce

CT.... I don't think any of are cities are very corrupt.... Yes.... we have over extended ourselves with units.... Which is why I believe we should take a break to build up are economical status before going into war again.

Top Bottom