Screenshot of the Day #52: Jerkses

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Today's SOTD is from GOTM11 and is actually 4 screenshots in one to show a diplomatic exchange with Xerexs, or Jerkses. There is a lot going on in the screenshot.

First, look at the upper right hand corner of the screen and see that Jerkses is trembling at the thought of our musketmen even though we have two elite infantrymen, two elite samurais, and two WWI style artillery pieces fortified on the chokepoint that restricts him to his lonely peninsula.

Second, you can look at the composite of four different screen shots in the center dialog boxes that summarize Jerkses great trading skills. First he tries to trade us the military tradition tech that is now virtually worthless to us plus he wants our whole treasury worth of cash. Yeah, right!!!

Then I ask Jerkses what he wants in trade for his world map, only to find to my surprise that he refuses to ask for anything and says the trade is not possible in two different ways. I can't quite figure that one out because his map is virtually worthless and I was just offering to trade him some mere pittance to be nice. I then demand that Jerkses give me the map since it can't possibly make him any more furious and what is he going to do to me anyway when I have Infantry and he is isolated onto a resource-less peninsula. He might spit at me and one of my infantry could be injured when he slips in the spit and hurts himself while falling down laughing. So the mighty Xerxes has to give me that map that he refused to let me buy even for cold hard cash.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd52.jpg

Thanks to cracker for the submission.

"What do you want for World Map?"
"Are you kidding? That is just not going to happen!"
"What do you want for World Map?"
"The Persians have no interest in such a trade."
We want World Map. "Take this deal or suffer!"
"I will give you as you demand. But you WILL pay a price for it, I assure you."

:lol::rotfl::lol:

Top Bottom