(Quick Poll) Placement of the 3rd city during the 8th Nov turn chat

On which site should we build our 3rd city this turn chat?

• A

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • B

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • C

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • D

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • E

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eklektikos

Eponymous
Please choose one of the sites below. Do not pick a site you have already voted for in one of the other polls also running at this time.

This poll is derived from this discussion thread

This poll will run for 24 hours or until quorum is reached.

You're right. "D" does catch both of the gold resources. I had to reconsider for quite a while before deciding. Even tho "D" is good, it calls for the negotiating of 4 land tiles with Eklektitlan. "C" on the other hand only compromises 1 land tile of the former Aztec capital and 1 land tile of Dacula. "D" also uses more land tiles than "C" does, but all but one are hills or mountains. "C" will use 4 Plains tiles. To me, this means better growth and production. We can collect on that gold when our cultural borders expand. I'm still voting "C".

I'm not voting in this one. There should be an *other* option. I would try to place the third city on the coast, south of Houston, in order to get the ivory. :king:

Cyc, we wont get any benefit from gold(a bonus resource-helps city only) if it does not fall within C's eventual city radius. That said, I still think C is the best option(betw C & D) because I don't see how D will sustain itself otherwise. Even after we get harbors, D's progress will be slow-going at best.

Originally posted by disorganizer
where is houston?!?

Houston is east (3 tiles) and a little south (2 tiles) of Miami. The ivory is on the coast, half way between The Burrow and England.

Looks like I came too late. I would have voted B.

Top Bottom