Screenshot of the Day #57: Occupied Territory

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Today's SOTD is THE definition of occupied territory. ;)

I can't remember seeing any zoom screenshots in the SOTD, so here is one from GOTM12. You can use the z hotkey to zoom in and out from your map for a larger perspective.

Don't try what this screenshot shows at home, because it does nothing to improve your game score and actually takes away your ability to farm barbarians and have some limited late game fun. I was bored and had way too much cash, so I decided to build as many Modern Armor units as possible and then just upholster the entire world map with tanks to see what it would look like. Remember that all these modern armor units (over 1300 of them) where actually built in the game and not just artificially created with a magic wand. In the last turn of the game, I completed over 80 new modern Armor units just to make sure I used up the shields and as much cash as possible.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd57.jpg

This amazing screenshot was submitted by Cracker.

:eek: I've thought of building lots of tanks/armor, but never THAT many!! :eek:

Mmm - someone's milking GOTM12 by the look of it ....

How is it gonna help him to get the highest score ?

Hehe, what would be funny if there was an AI city on a hill (not capitol) in the midst of those MAs. You can invent the concept called "initimidation flip." Forget culture, how about the sight of foreign MAs filling the horizon and beyond? :D

Cracker you have no life!

...Cool thing to do, in a sad CIVophile way, nevertheless.

It disturbs me to realize that soon, when it actually works, I could find myself playing PTW against people who are capable of such a, er, commendable monstrosity.

R.III

Originally posted by satchel
Gosh, do you think he'll be able to take that last city?

Not if its defended by a spearman.

Zach,

I'm just baiting you and Matrix here, but hopefully matrix will run two or three more "SOTDs in the Sequence" just to fill all your wildest dreams in one big sweep. ;)

Look where the white box is in the minimap and imagine what you might see if Matrix moves that around for you. ;) ;)

... and yes it is worth reminding everyone that this screen shot is strictly created out of extreme demonstration of milking. All these units do nothin to increase score or speed the end of the game. For the record, I had the game in control with a military of about 30 units and the rest of this was just silliness at the yogurt factory and playing with honing my "short rushing" and event timing skills.

Here's a link to a supplimental peek that I did not submit to matrix. The peek shows the elite armor section of the military camp. Elite units don't mix with the lowly veteran units! There are over 100 elite modern armor and each one corresponds to a dead barbarian camp.

Elite Armor Camp

So what? All I'm gonna need is about...say...100 nukes and bye-bye modern armors. ;)

Wei!
That's INSANE!!!
just...just...How much time you take doing that?
you have to eat and sleep dont you?

So THAT is your friendship force?!

aha, i see...

Originally posted by Sim_One
So what? All I'm gonna need is about...say...100 nukes and bye-bye modern armors. ;)

OMG... thats something else for him to try.

Conquer the world, build hundreds of ICBMs and then bomb himself into the stone age! I wonder if you can destroy cities with ICBMs? :D :nuke:

So, where's Waldo???

Top Bottom