Screenshot of the Day #58: The King in exile...

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
The "Respawn AI Civs" option doesn't work well with regicide:

Civ3 PTW game, normal rules plus regicide. After the Ottomans attacked me for the third time I'd had enough. I was pressing near his capital so he promptly nuked mine. The next turn I flung everything I had at his, and about 40 smoking hulks of modern armor and 20 mech inf later, I got the satisfaction of watching his king die. Except he didn't. A new city popped up nearby, and the next turn another city.. both of which I destroyed again. Still no message about defeating the Ottomans, and my citizens are getting very war weary. I finally found him down at the south pole, going for a cold swim to relax from the pressures of office apparently. The destroyers can't attack him, they can bombard but it does no damage. The marine can't attack him either. I'd really like to hit him on the head with an ICBM, but that isn't going to happen. He's invincible, and he knows it too. He won't give me anything for a peace treaty, and what's this? I can assure you that he had neither of those techs when I took him out. I guess when you are stuck at the south pole you have nothing better to do than research.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd58.jpg

Thanks to Leuf for the screenshot.

Is he standing on water!? I've tried to land people on the South Pole, but it never worked. And look at that--his king is on the same square as your battleships! What the hell!? Maybe you can attack him with your battleship, because he's definitely on a water square. You should also try the ICBM. Hey, it might work... I'd also file a bug report, for it does look like a bug.

Where did he get all that money if he was just respawned?

Seems like you're having a pretty tough time-I thought nothing could get on the south pole?!?!?!?

--And why can't you nuke it? Is there a city??

Bug. A very funny bug, though. Looks like this game will never end, unless you win by histograph. Can you win by histograph in Regicide? :)

You won, Leuf, but the game won't agree! ;)

CG

I've noticed this in my last two regicide games as well.. kicked the Spanish off my continent and they ended up somewhere else off of my continent.. I finally restarted and clicked off the respawn AI mode.

THIS ALSO HAPPENS IN ELIMINATION!

Yes it seems they really did intend these features for mp and not sp. I played an elimination as the Carthaginians (voted most likely to eliminate their opponents in the ancient age in a recent poll) and when I "utterly destroyed' the Celts, they just turned up in a new place, still at war with me even!

I dont necesarily call this a bug, but rather an interestingifier...

you couldn't ICBM him you say, but have you tried ICBMing right next to him? The nuclear "splash" should kill him. everything in a one square radius of a nuke is effected.

I began to hate PTW

A cruise missile or two from a transport or a nuke on the land near by should be enough. If you put a transport near land and load it with CMs by running them off shore into the transport you can then move the transport next to him and blast him.

I post this bug in the PTW BUG FORUM 2 weeks ago...I didnt find any way to kill her ...

here

she on water and we can go ON HER....with a transport...but when you try a second time it said marine cannot attack two time...I bombard her for =40 turns...never got hit...

I agree with cruise missiles, they can destroy battleships with 2-3, so a king should fall before it even hits!! Well, it should take 2, I think.

I posted this question on the newbies thread about how many times AI civs reappear after they are killed and one reply I got was they never respawn more than once. Has anyone seen them come back more than once in a regular (not regicide) SP game? I checked the respawn option by mistake when I was hoping to go for a conquest victory. Now I'm wondering if I have to deal with seven civs with nine lives...does that mean I have to finish off 63 civs? :crazyeye:

I should hope not, psylocke!! With them coming back more powerful each time, it would be impossible for conquest!

Top Bottom