Star Wars Unit: TIE Fighter

Chris85

Emperor
Update! Version 2.0 Now Posted

Out with the old and in with the new I say. I have finally completed the re-make of the TIE Fighter. :)

This is my 1st unit made from a 3-d program. Credits for the model go to the Star Wars: Modelling Alliance and the civilopedia entry is from www.starwars.com .

Affiliation: The Galactic Empire
Manufacturer: Sienar Fleet Systems
Type: Starfighter
Length: 6.3 Meters
Crew: 1 Pilot
Weapons: 2 Medium Laser Cannons -- Fire Linked

Bursting from Imperial hangar bays in gnat-like clouds are the standard starfighters of the Imperial arsenal -- the Twin Ion Engine craft known as the TIE starfighter. The single-seater short-range vessel lacks a hyperdrive, and as such requires deployment from launch bases and capital ships. It features two fire-linked laser cannons chin-mounted on the ball-shaped cockpit.

TIE fighters were typically employed en masse to make up for their shortcomings. Speedy and maneuverable, these fighters are nonetheless fragile. Though hard to hit, even a glancing blow can destroy a TIE.

Though TIEs presented a formidable challenge to pirates and civilian craft, the skilled pilots of the [Rebel Alliance] made short work of them in combat. The Alliance workhorse, the T-65 X-wing starfighter, continually bested the TIE in numerous engagements. As the Galactic Civil War raged on, the standard TIE arsenal was supplemented with more advanced and specialized craft, such as the fearsome TIE interceptor and the dedicated TIE bomber.

TIE production was extremely modular and automated, as the Sienar foundries churned out countless starfighters to fuel the insatiable Imperial war machine. Variant models of the basic TIE include the TIE/rc (a model with advanced sensors and communication gear for reconnaissance missions), the TIE/fc (equipped with accurate fire control and target designation for long-range naval bombardments), the TIE/gt (with an enlarged hull to deliver heavy ordnance).

Download TIE Fighter 2.0

Attack Preview:
NOTE: FLC2GIFs limited palette reduces the quality somewhat.

I personally like star wars and i hope that your unit will be a big hit! :nuke: :nuke:

Welcome to civfanatics, agent-x! Always glad to see another Star Wars enthusiast, :). We're working on a Star Wars mod here so if you want to help, go ahead and post your ideas in this thread, as well :D.

Not only is the thread 7 years old BUT the question doesn't even have to do with CIV III or video games in general.

Hallo
I'm interesting to buy a Tie Fighter original scale model on eBay, could you say me if it is truly the original model ?

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=140330775234

Thanks a lot

He's not advertising, he wants to buy that model on ebay and he wants us to tell him if it is an original model or not. I know what happened, he was looking for star wars modelers on google or some other search engine and it took him to this specific page.

Fabio, this is a site for a video game. Some of us build models, but they are CG models. Most of us wouldn't know much about those types of models. If you are coming here on purpose to find an answer, then try posting your question in the off topic forum in the community forums section.

Top Bottom