what is a jaimo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miriya13

Chieftain
This may be the wrong forum but it's about a new unit. Mods please move it if this is the wrong place.

I found this jaimo unit in my extras folder. I think it's an easter egg unit that appears when you change your computer's date to anything over 2002 I think. I don't know what it is and I'm trying to figure out what it's supposed to be. Does anyone have any idea? Is it some historical refrence I don't know about or something else? Something that should be in the japan set? It's kind of funny but I've never heard of a jaimo before.

See this thread for more info on how I found it: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35544&pagenumber=2

Any help would be appriciated :D

Originally posted by Miriya13
bump

Still looking for help on this. Has anyone else been able to get this unit?

How about you post the unit? Or at least post a .gif preview of it?

Thanks for your cooperation. :cool:

here are some screen shots

I just replaced the warrior with this jaimo unit to make the screen shots

Attachments

• jaimo1b.jpg
    jaimo1b.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 12,467
another

is there any way to attach more than 1 picture to a post?

Attachments

• jaimo3b.jpg
    jaimo3b.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 9,304
last one

the sounds for fortify and combat are pretty funny too

Attachments

• jaimo4b.jpg
    jaimo4b.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 9,756
Well what are the names of its flcs? Does it have a jaimoroad or jaimoirrigate flc?

Originally posted by leonel
Well what are the names of its flcs? Does it have a jaimoroad or jaimoirrigate flc?

No just the normal unit files. Here's the file list:

Attachments

• jaimo files.jpg
    jaimo files.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 8,927
Change your year to something over 2003 and it puts a file named jaimo in your extras folder. I renamed it to a zip file and voila, the same results as Miriya13.

Awesome! Curious, very curious. So it was programed to pop up a couple years from now. . . So, I just set my computer to Sunday Nov. 17 2004, and it appears? what if I set it back? The unit actually looks like a Karate thing. I will try it.

You guys by any chance, wouldn’t have the collectors edition?

Originally posted by PCHighway
Awesome! Curious, very curious. So it was programed to pop up a couple years from now. . . So, I just set my computer to Sunday Nov. 17 2004, and it appears? what if I set it back? The unit actually looks like a Karate thing. I will try it.

You guys by any chance, wouldn’t have the collectors edition?

Nope I just have the plain old regular edition
and I think 2003 will work cuz I just tried it again today Nov. 17 2003 and I got it

OK, I just changed the year to 2004 and got me a Jaimo. That is one weird unit, kinda creepy actually. :p

My guess would be that it's Jeffrey "Artificial Intelligence" Morris, lead programmer.

Sad thing is...I can't think of a good use for it. :confused: Maybe an English UU called "football hooligan?" Maybe an American UU called "grunge slacker?" :lol: Help me come up with some other ideas. :ack: :smoke:

Or maybe I'll just use him as a hostage for my patch demands! :evil:

I think this is a newsworthy item! Someone get Thunderfall. :cool:

Originally posted by thestonesfan
Looks like a gigantic bearded schoolgirl.

So maybe an American UU called "Vassar Field Hockey Team??":confused: :lol:

Seriously tho...I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be Jeff Morris. :scan:

Change the date on your computer to Jan 8th 2035 and the "king" (elvis) will appear in any regicide game. :king:

Thanks to Miriya for the hot tip. ;)

Originally posted by joespaniel
Change the date on your computer to Jan 8th 2035 and the "king" (elvis) will appear in any regicide game. :king:

Thanks to Miriya for the hot tip. ;)

I think any year from 2003 on works I think :)
only jan. 8 matters to the king

Dog- Jeffrey "Artificial Intelligence" Morris, lead programmer.
That explains the shorts, and the shoes. But didn’t Soren Johnson(sp) program the AI?. Hmmm, maybe there is a Sid somewhere in there. . . Perhaps 'Jaimo' is someone’s Nickname, we can never no for sure who it is, but For some reason, the 'Artificial Intelligence' part doesn’t fit;).

Originally posted by PCHighway
That explains the shorts, and the shoes. But didn’t Soren Johnson(sp) program the AI?. Hmmm, maybe there is a Sid somewhere in there. . . Perhaps 'Jaimo' is someone’s Nickname, we can never no for sure who it is, but For some reason, the 'Artificial Intelligence' part doesn’t fit;).

Well, maybe that's how they just spelled it out. Maybe they call him J-Mo (like J-Lo, if you look at the fortify.flc you'll see that the man can dance ;) ) and they debated for hours whether to name the unit jaimo or jaymo or jaymoe etc etc.

Here's J-Mo's pic from the Firaxis site. Looks like Jaimo to me! :lol:

Attachments

• morris_j.jpg
    morris_j.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 16,742
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom