Generals of warfare

hbdragon88

haunted by blackness
This is my first attempt at writing a documentation successfully conducting warfare.

These may not work on higher levels, like Monarch or Deity.

Please download the zip file and give me your feedback...thanks in advance.

11/27/02:
Modernwarfare.zip removed after 19 downloads. New version, same name, uploaded. Please download it and send feedback.

Attachments

• modernwarfare.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 342
hbdragon

These principles will serve you well at least up to Regent.
I particularly liked section 5.
You need to build on this document.
Sometimes you have to have a long war. How do deal with war weariness?
What about the importance of mobility?
How do you stop an AI Civ attacking you without a MPP?

Hmmm...yeah, I knew that there'd be some snare with dealing in Emperor and Monarch and Deity.

Sure, I'll build on the document and improve it and such. But the long war part - that's why I said to try to cut it short or else everything can backfire on you.

WW, governor approch.

Sign an alliance, I guess - I'll release a new version sometimes soon...

Scyphax:

In response, I have built more on my document, added a section on mobilization.

Mobilization is on point 3, and the original points 2-9 have been pushed back one. There's also a little more clarity in some of my points.

Attachments

• modernwarfare.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 323
I can definetly say that it was written as if you were playing something higher than chieftain. Nice article! I actually found it theoritically useful (as in, I knew those tricks but some articles I find utterly useless to me, whether I knew them or not).

It was November/December 2002 when I wrote that - I was definintely on chieftain on that time. I was playing Egypt on the Great Lakes scenario when I developed most of that. It's so broad that it can be adjusted for higher levels.

You're still wondering whether I'm lying about playing chieftain...maybe my strategies are beyond chieftain, but I haven't played a single regular game out of chieftain yet. Well, the GOTMs, yes; but other than that, no regulary started games on anything higher.

Top Bottom