PTW: Warlords of North America

Ed O'War

King
Edit: BTW, you need to have the Play the World expansion to play this scenario.

Background:

Date: January, 2010

In the aftermath of the Eastern War, the central government of the United States collapsed. Local and state governments attempted to fill the void, but they too were soon overwhelmed by the rising tide of chaos. Canada and Mexico's governments collapsed right behind them. Soon gangs and aspiring warlords rose up to fill the vacuum, claiming entire cities as their personnel fiefdoms. It wasn't long before the warlords began to fight amongst themselves, scrabbling to control the few remaining resources to establish their legacy.

Instructions:
1) Unzip Warlords of North America Zip to your desktop
2) Copy Warlords of North America.bix to your Civilization III/ CIV3PTW/Scenarios folder
3) Copy the Warlords of North America folder to your Civilization III/ CIV3PTW/Scenarios folder
4) Start Play the World, select scenarios and then select Warlords of North America

Credits:

- RangerOne134's North America Map
- BlueO's Railroads
- Technical unit by Hunter
- Ammo, Munitions and Medicine resource icons obtained from Soldiers-of-Anarchy (a great game)
- Other resource icons mixed and matched from various sources available at Civfanatics. Unfortunately I can't track down which icons belong to whom

Here's the download:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads2/Warlords_of_North_America_Zip.zip

As usual, please post any comments, bugs or suggestions here. Thanks.

Here's the readme, for those who would like to read more about the changes I made before downloading the scenario:

Attachments

• warlords of north america.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 529
Here's one screenshot:

Attachments

• wona screenshot 1.jpg
    wona screenshot 1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 2,889
I really like both the storyline and gameplay :goodjob:

It looks like you spent the time to make your own units :goodjob:

I would give your scenario an 8 out of 10 :D

Your scenario is far better than any of the ones that came with PTW. (Their scenarios made me sick :vomit: )

Make more scenarios PLEASE :love:

Thanks for the comments. I made up new types of units, but I'd like to clarify that I didn't do any of the graphics for them.

The links in my sig connect to some of my other scenarios for older versions of Civ 3, if you would like to check those out. I will definitely be working on additional scenarios.

Thanks for the high rating, I hope you enjoy(ed) it.

As someone who loves the Fallout RPG series(just look at my custom title :D) I would love to play this scenario. This looks like it has that kind of feel to it. Hopefully you add more goodies like custom techs, city improvments, and units as time goes on. When I finally get PTW sometime in the near future, I'll love to get my hands on this. Keep up the good work!

Awesome. Downloading now. I had an idea like this, but slightly diffrent. Do you mind if I use some of these units?

Originally posted by PriestOfDiscord
As someone who loves the Fallout RPG series(just look at my custom title :D) I would love to play this scenario. This looks like it has that kind of feel to it. Hopefully you add more goodies like custom techs, city improvments, and units as time goes on. When I finally get PTW sometime in the near future, I'll love to get my hands on this. Keep up the good work!

Thanks. I love the Fallout games too. This is intended as a quasi-post-apocalyptic scenario, so it's not quite the blasted wasteland that Fallout is. I don't think I'll add anything new to this particular scenario. However, as I really like post-apocalyptic stuff, I will probably do other post-apocalyptic scenarios that use custom techs, improvements, wonders, units, etc.

Originally posted by Azale
Awesome. Downloading now. I had an idea like this, but slightly diffrent. Do you mind if I use some of these units?

You're welcome to use the names and stats for the units I came up with. However, I didn't make any of the graphics for them. Most of the "new" unit graphics came from the Play the World WWII unit set. I also used Hunter's Technical Rebel Combat Truck.

Okay, fine with me.:D

It is not a big bug, and it is most likely unfixable. :(

If you try to bomb LA on the west cost, and they have intercepters. LA is on the edge of the map and there is no were for the intercepters to start (I.E. the game locks up).

This is not really a big deal, because I was able to take the city with just ground units. But for the first three times that the game locked up I could not figure out why. :D

Overall I still love the scenario :king: :goodjob:

Originally posted by LuckyOrDead
It is not a big bug, and it is most likely unfixable. :(

If you try to bomb LA on the west cost, and they have intercepters. LA is on the edge of the map and there is no were for the intercepters to start (I.E. the game locks up).

This is not really a big deal, because I was able to take the city with just ground units. But for the first three times that the game locked up I could not figure out why. :D

Overall I still love the scenario :king: :goodjob:

That's good to know. You're probably right, it sounds like it's more of a bug with Flat Maps in general, so I probably can't fix it. However, I will keep it in mind for future scenarios that use flat maps. Thanks for the heads up, and I'm glad you like the scenario. :)

this looks good, unfortunately i dont play scenarios with edited units, sorry!

I usually have problems with them. it usually ends up just freezing or seriously screwing up.

Originally posted by Lynx
I usually have problems with them. it usually ends up just freezing or seriously screwing up.
:rolleyes:

Attachments

• disgraced.jpg
    disgraced.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 2,020
Top Bottom