Screenshot of the Day #64: Mostly Harmless

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
AI stupidity revisited:

This is from a generated map I was playing on Regent with the Mac 1.21 patch, as the Americans. It was the Industrial era, and I had been through several wars with a few countries, though none of those wars came to anything but lost units, as I have the oceans and the Indians as buffers. The French had started a few wars by refusing to remove their troops from my territory. When I asked them to cease and desist infringing on my territory with their workers, they declared war on me! Well, no problem, free workers for me. The French have got the bluster and bravery down pat, now all they need is some brains.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd64.jpg

Thanks to Zach Piper for the screenshot.

hehe.. the only thing better is the AI "invading" you with SETTLERS!

Logic is not the A.I.s strong side, like when you yourself accidently walk one worker to the wrong side of the border and the owner of that territory asks you to remove your invasion force (!) from the nearest city, even if it be 4 squares away...

french leaders and "advisers"have been eating the magic mushrooms again

i've noticed that in situations of loiters like those worker and others that if you first trade with them where they aren't obligated to you but you owe them something [UNLESS THEY DECLARE WAR], they are less likelyto declare war after that deal... they generally want you to pay up .... now if they only accept cash only - no on going contract [they're itching to try and whoop ya... now sometimes they still choose war [even if ya owe them money/resources] but then you get a clean trade slate with them come peace talks plus free workers... heck of a deal...

:mad:

That was too much of a reminder for the stupid things I have done. In quite a few wars I instigated I had workers near the border RRing and irrigating, then BOOM! - I lost the workers. Couldn't get them back, either - the AI mysteriously did away with them.

Only once for me have I captured AI workers, but they weren't in my territory when war was declared.

In my current game, I finally dropped the RoP's I was paying for because I was finally the powerhouse with the largest and most advanced standing military and almost immediately the Celts sent 30 Cavalry into my territory... I let them stay one turn and they moved toward my capatial at which point I said remove or declare war. They declared war. I dispatched thier cavalry that turn, took two cities in the next turn and now I'm gearing up for an overseas battle. However, I think the cavalry was thier entire attack force... pretty weak when up against 60 artillery and 40 infantry (I stay away from cavalry once I get lots of infantry and artillery).

I know this anit about the sotd but... how do u get farms!!??!!

is it ptw?

Originally posted by Naval Freak
I know this anit about the sotd but... how do u get farms!!??!!

is it ptw?

Those arent farms, theyre just irrigation in Snoopys terrain graphics.

Top Bottom