Tax - 500AD

Tax Rate? Other 3 issues?

• A. Keep Tax 30%, Max Science 70% (R)

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • A. Bump Tax 40%, we only have 290 gold?

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • A. Bump Tax other%, see my post?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Budget: Spend even $13+25+25 to disband Roskilde

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • C. RC maybe build a needed Settler, defer Marco's

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • C. Plan as necessary to build Marco's soon

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • H. Maybe play only 1 or 2 turns, so we can see the affect of Mike's

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • H. Maybe play 3-5 turns like normal, we can imagine Mike's

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GaryNemo

Settler from None
We seem to have enough gold, and will earn more from the Silk delivery to Dehli Demand, and trade with the Vikings. We have always planned Fruit City, and to relocate Roskilde to Routskilde, so let's get it over with. This poll replaces the "Taxing Matters" poll.

I posted this in the Taxing Matters thread, but I'm re-posting it here because I think it's important, and I don't want it lost (and made unavailable for comment) as the thread is now closed.

"Can I make a suggestion with the boat containing silk for Delhi? I think it should follow the land in the opposite direction to the coast nearer LC. iirc, when we first explored the area where LC was founded, the exploring unit was nearer Delhi than our cities, so I thin Delhi will be near the coast in that region.

"For those of you that can't load the game, we are currently getting $42 and science in 6 turns. Changing to 40.60, we get $52 and still 6 turns for science."

I think we should take all the science beakers we can get!
When we earn 42 a turn and rushbuild now and then our treasury will rise steadily. We don't need that much money, we aren't going to bribe a city each turn (are we?).

Roskilde needs to be disbanded. I voted that IPRB should be used heavily but "Is it wise?" I ask myself now. We should give our units the oportunity to rehome. Hire Elvis so Roskilde won't grow and we'll be fine!

I admit I'm torn on the science/tax issue. I know we can theoretically get science in the same amount of time and still bump our tax by going to 60/40, but at 70% science, can we get science in 5 turns with caravan deliveries? This would be harder to achieve with science at 60%. Unless we desperately need the cash (and I don't think we do) I'm voting to stay at 30/70.

There is no alternative to your 'B' choice. Makes it sort of hard to vote.

I wish Monke had gone ahead and played another turn or two to build Mike's and then stopped. I hate only playing a couple turns at a time. What's done is done (and you'r doing a great job otherwise, Monke :goodjob: ), all we can do is move on. I'd like to see more than just a couple turns played, but I think we need to give our President a bit of discretion here. If everything looks okay after Mikes, then continue a bit. If it looks like there's trouble, then we'll have to stop.

How will possible effects of Mike's influence our preferences? If I have some guidelines/contingencies to go by, perhaps more turns could be played. The more unsure I am, the more likely I am to stop sooner.

After the 'political' discussions, I felt it best to follow the poll results. As I said in my initial post, I don't wish to be autocratic. That implies that I don't wish to be making too many decisions on my own. This game is proceeding quite differently than my personal playing style, so I feel much more comfortable when there are clear plans to work from.

Edit: Leowind, thanks for the vote of confidence. By my own standards, I feel that I have been making more mistakes lately, and my confidence level has been lower. Perhaps that's why I seem to be less opinionated now and have been posting less.

Edit of edit: Whoops, you'd think I could get the name right. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom