Screenshot of the Day #65: Another Elvis Easter Egg

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Another Elvis easter egg has been found! This one can appear on all the advisor screens and depends on the Civ you play. Hail to the Shogun and the King, baby!

Take a look at what the Domestic Advisor is saying. I knew there was a secret Elvis unit, but I've never seen this before. I didn't know he was Japanese... ;-)

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd65.jpg
http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd65b.jpg

If you are playing the German, the advisor probably will say "Hail to the Chancellor, baby!" instead. :king: Thanks to toh6wy and Matrix for the screenshot.

I had it happen to me once! I didn't think much about it at the time but I noticed it as never happened before.. :)

Won't it always say your title, even if you change it in the set-up screen? So you could make it say, "Hail to the stupid-@ss leader of our civilization, baby!"?

Originally posted by RedTopJay
I am a little slow, so please tell me what "Hail to the Shogun, baby!" has to do with Elvis? Or, has Elvis become a slang term for things that appear randomly and out of place?
The second screenshot is "Hail to the King". ;)

Just because it says "the king" doesn't mean it is an Elvis reference. "Hail to the king, baby!" is a common phrase used to express a form of attitude. It has been uttered in games like Duke Nukem 3D and movies like Evil Dead. In fact, I enjoy using it on a regular basis.

Id have to agree with warman11 on this one. It seems like you guys really like Elvis and are trying to relate as much as you can to him.

And if it were really a reference to Elvis, wouldn't they probably make it always say "King," and never "Shogun," "Chancellor," etc.?

I have to agree with some of the earlier posters.

This looks more like an "Army of Darkness" reference, which IMHO is much cooler than an Elvis reference anyway...

Originally posted by Warman11
Just because it says "the king" doesn't mean it is an Elvis reference. "Hail to the king, baby!" is a common phrase used to express a form of attitude. It has been uttered in games like Duke Nukem 3D and movies like Evil Dead. In fact, I enjoy using it on a regular basis.
If you havent played Civ2, it probably wont make any sense to you.

:king:

I also have had this happen on an unmodded version of PTW. I was a modified version of the Ottoman empire and it said "Hail to the Sultan". This is odd because I had changed my title too, changing it to "Farmer"(Farmer Giles of Ham, JRR Tolkien) but apparently the game didnt recognize that. Anyone else have that happen?

If you are playing the German, the advisor probably will say "Hail to the Chancellor, baby!" instead. Thanks to toh6wy and Matrix for the screenshot.
as long as it does not say "Hail to the Fuehrer" it's OK
;)

This is true as far as I'm concerned. Me and my friends noticed it when we were playing a game and it briefly popped up for about 4 seconds. I only caught a glimpse of it as I was changing my science funding, it was as Gandhi, and it said "Hail to the Mahatma, baby!" I've also seen it when I had my title "Supreme Bastard"... for some reason, "Hail to the Supreme Bastard, baby!" sounds like very, very thick sarcasm. ;-)

Anyway, I also saw another little change with the dialogue in the science advisors screen. I was marginally ahead of the Romans and the Greeks in technology as the Koreans, and the science advisor said "Compared to us, our rivals have the IQ of a carrot", or something like that. I can only for sure confirm that he commented on someone having "an IQ of a carrot". Has anybody else seen this besides me?

Originally posted by joespaniel

If you havent played Civ2, it probably wont make any sense to you.

:king:

Why? what was in Civ2?

Top Bottom