Screenshot of the Day #69: Cloud Temple

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
If you play Heroes of Might and Maghic III, you know Cloud Temple is home of the mighty titans. We also have cloud temples in Civ3! ;)

I was playing PTW online with 3 other people in a turnless game. I decided to check out my palace, but I didn't want to spend too much time there because I would miss some turns. I just started clicking around real fast to make the palace appear and it messed up because the top was just floating there!

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd69.jpg

Thanks to Jake Williams for the screenshot.

In general, is there any game advantage to expanding your palace following your citizens requests? Lately, I just ignore those messages. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like a waste of time.

They might have somewhat of a signifigance in MP where you can investigate the capital to see how far the palace has been constructed, therefore seeing how his happiness is going on. Other than that, cant think of anything.

The cloud temple does not float. The one that actually floated was the portal of glory. But the screenshot does look more like the cloud temple than the POG.

And FYI I'm still on Civ-vacation.

You never noticed that? That's your palace from Civ2. :D

I didn't notice the chair either. It looks like a big, comfortable sofa chair. Pretty sweet. Also, does any one know know the conditions that make it so you can upgrade your palace, or is it all random?

Two questions...
  1. Where is the beanstalk?
  2. How did you get away from the giant?
    [/list=1]

Hehe, that sure looks like a place for a king to live :D

I think that's David Copperfields' palace, its only an illusion.
he desappeared a plane once didnt he?

Originally posted by MSGT John Drew
The cloud temple does not float. The one that actually floated was the portal of glory. But the screenshot does look more like the cloud temple than the POG.

And FYI I'm still on Civ-vacation.

I think he might be referring to the Titans' castle in HOMM2, not HOMM3. IIRC, the one in HOMM2 is wreathed in clouds and has a floating-type appearance. You're right that the Cloud Temple in HOMM3 doesn't float. It's the angel dwelling (POG) that floats.

oh... so that's it - my mistake. TF misled me. ;)

Top Bottom