Screenshot of the Day #70: Sword vs. Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
It looks like the AI knows to "rename" a colony to something interesting to tease human players. :D At first sight this looks like an easter egg...

Playin a diety game and this message showed up next to the colony.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd70.jpg

...but a closer look reveals that it's likely because the labels.txt is messed up. Thanks to Tous for the screenshot.

There seems to be no shortage of "weirdness" in this game.

But then that's part of what makes it so fun.

"...longer than your pen is..." Pretty Freudian slip up on the labels.txt!

Is this real? I never know with the SOTDs anymore. You sure can't give a city a label that big.

Interesting.
I can tell that its MP from the score charts, but theres only one person there (who is the player)! Is this a single hotseat game with all AI opponents or something? (I cant tell because I havent played anything past hotseat yet)
And the box thing (whatever its called) on the bottomright. Whats with that January 3297 Future Tech offer thing? Some other wierd MP thing? Or some wierd scenario? :confused:

It was my game on diety, i was Babylon and the game was really screwed up. I fixed it shortly after i e-mailed it to TF. This was two people playing hotseat but my brother resigned

The text files must have been switched around because "We," "Offer," and "Give," three words used commonly in diplomacy, are in the bottom-right box, and the colony's name is something that the AI will sometimes say to you, I think.

That's a nice theory, but the txt file would reallyhave to be screwed up to see that happen. Or put in there on purpose.

Hm...I know PTW has came out and there's big hype on it, but I'd like to see a vanilla Civ3 SOTD. And I know there was the Wonder-ful City SOTD.

There's a pun on the last 2 words, BTW :p

Like I said, "Life is short, don't be a dick." :satan:

Originally posted by Zur
There's a pun on the last 2 words, BTW :p

Like I said, "Life is short, don't be a dick." :satan:
Hmm... is Carthage... I don't get it. ;)

(And yes, I see what you're saying. :D)

I agree with Will J. .Is Carthage?:hmm: I think what you are trying to say is the second to last, and third to last. This was just something my friend pointed out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom