Screenshot of the Day #73: Goody Hut

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
As you may know, when you make a city with a goody hut in its radius, the hut is melt down automatically and you get the surprise open. But, here, Japan seems to have lazy settlers that don't even visit the area!

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd73.jpg

Thanks to Boulboul Gadol for the screenshot.

What would happen if you moved a unit to that square? I suspect that it is just a failure to update the map and that you would not get anything, but is it still possible to open a goody hut if it is wrongly within someone's cultural influence?

I've seen that too. Hehe.. the easter egg I "found", and a SOTD all rolled into one.

Originally posted by Aggie
I think that since this town was founded no maps were exchanged. You get to see the town, but not the updated terrain.

Exactly what I was about to say. :mischief:

Does the AI know which goody huts are filled with barbarians? If so, this could be a reason that I find unopened goody huts across a huge Pangaea map with my scouts. Fortunately, since I play expansionist civs (they just rock on huge Pangaea, its like getting the Scientific's 3 advances in the Ancient Age) I never get barbarians from the huts.

Yep, yep, probably just that the player had an old map.

2000 posts... Does the post count do anything good? (except contributing to spam :p)

Originally posted by Grey Fox
Yep, yep, probably just that the player had an old map.

Even if player had old map, he got it from AI. That STILL means AI is aware of goody hut, but won't/ didn't want to open it. AI cares about huts. Conclusion: Mr. Barbarian is inside. And AI knows it.

nope, old map from whoever and whenever, showing hut.

Ai plunks down city - map updates for borders, but not for the hut.....

also, I see AIs not poping hut whenever there is something at risk closeby. Can't be there's only Mr. Barb in all the huts.....

that's a stange bug,
btw, I hate when you find a goody hutt near you capitol and its filled with barbarians :mad:

These screenshots of the day are getting ridiculous. It's more unusual when you DON'T see that at least a few times in a game. Stupid.

Originally posted by DaDrunkenFish
The ai never opens barbarian huts, thats a fact
I can't tell whether you are joking, so I guess I'll bite. What you have said doesn't even make sense. There's no such thing as a "barbarian hut." The contents of huts are not determined at the time the map is made; they are determined by the RNG at the time the hut is opened. This is so universally known and easy to prove that I am going to assume that either I've been trolled, or you just had a random brain cramp.

I've had AI's open huts with me 2 tiles away. Unfortunatly, the barb decided my travelling worker would have been eaiser prey than the AI warrior.

Top Bottom