Screenshot of the Day #74: Floating Leader

Must be doing his Jesus impression! That's weird. Could you move him afterwords?

If it was considered worth fixing, then it's just a case of making it so that a leader just doesn't form on a tile where there isn't space for it. Possibly easier said than done, for all we know. :)

Anyhow, maybe he's just having a paddle... ;)

Originally posted by Fr8monkey
Must be doing his Jesus impression!

Yeah! Pagan viking chieftain Eric Bloodaxe making a Jesus impression. Thats a good one! :lol: ;)

Well, I am sure that the stranded leader(s) were later picked up by other ships who had some room, it WOULD seem important enough. These leaders didn't die the next turn if not already picked up, did they?

weird bug, I can imagine forgetting the 'no more space in boat possibility' but the first screenie contains a caravel with 2 berserkers on it. Caravel can contain 3 units AFAIK, why didn't it just drop in the boat?

Or maybe it's not a bug but an easter egg.... :lol:

Yes, how strange -- it should be able to carry it, if it's just a 2 unit loaded Caravel! Maybe he just didn't pay his full fare? ;)

> Pagan viking chieftain Eric Bloodaxe making a Jesus impression.

Either he is blessed by Njord, the king of the sea, waves, beach and winds OR he is one of those renowned viking swimming heroes. There are several viking heroes that were great swimmers. For instance there is Olav Tryggvasson who is rumored to have jumped overboard during the battle of Svolde in full armor and swam away to safety, and Grettir who swam some miles with a sword on his back to avenge himself on his enemies, only to swim back the same distance. Of course 5 turns is a lot of time to be spent swimming, even for legendary heroes. :D:

I wonder what would have happened if the AI moved a ship to that square.

Originally posted by ChrisB
[B
There are several viking heroes that were great swimmers. :D: [/B]

There were also some not so good swimmers, like for example Bue Digre, one of the Jomsvikings who set out to take Norway from Håkon Jarl (an attempt that failed).
It is said that when, during the seabattle that followed, his ship became a little too crowded with norwegians and he himself had recieved a swordcut to the face, he simply picked up a large gold coffin and then proceeded to throw himself overboard, never to be seen again. :lol:

I just love the Vikings! :D

This bug was also reported around June last year in civ3. It's not new. But thanx for the proof.

I dont really consider it as a bug, since what other possibilities are there? No leader? Leader goes to shore? Leader walks on water? Leader goes on caravel despite being full? None of those are really realistic.

So it's a bug. How would it be fixed? If it's a full ship and you get a leader out of it...there's not much else option but to allow that transport vessel one more space temporarily. Or completely eliminate that option outright - getting leaders off of the coast.

Although I do not get it. I don't have PTW - the Berserk gets an amphibious assult flag? That would be cool.

Has this ever happened to anyone else using a marine unit off of a full transport?

Top Bottom