New Unit: Fanatic

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian

Attachments

• fanaticrun.gif
    fanaticrun.gif
    27 KB · Views: 7,079
Beautiful unit!

Possible uses? A few suggestions I have...

1. Inquisitioner
2. Monk
3. Wizard
4. Obi-wan Konobi :p

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos
4. Obi-wan Konobi :p

Thats a pretty good idea( just give him a light sabre), the sw team should know about this one.

Hey and what about making a white version of it for the americans(Ku-Klux-Clan)

Great unit Kinboat :goodjob: I've been dying to get my hands on this one for some time now. Glad to see it's finished.

I think I'll use it as an early guerrilla unit, the town mob.

He swings the torch... A palette change shouldn't be too hard I might be able to swing a whiter robe. Unless some other enterprising person would like to take a crack at it? Thanks people, I tried hard to get the torch and robes to swing just so... Glad you like it.

Thank you for sharing your excellent work. Not sure how I'll use it yet, but quality units are rare and I jumped at this one.

Would you (or have you already) share with us the process by which you model and animate your units? I'm mulling over options for unit creation and would greatly appreciate the details of your experience.

Another great unit.

BTW Just a few minutes ago I looked at the list of units you made. You have made quite a few. Hopefully you continue making excellent units.

GIDustin

Excellent work Kinboat :D :goodjob:

This guy never fails huh?
Always love your units Kinboat, it was your squid unit that enticed me into modding civ in the first place.
:goodjob: :cool: :love:

Beautiful Unit Kinboat!

Great Animiation! There are a lot of great units that are a little jerky, but this is fantastic, very smooth! Thanks for the hard work!

I made a simple little tutorial when I was working in Moray, and I started a thread there now that I'm doing work in Poser. They should both be in the tutorial threads somewhere, the first one was started by Level I believe. Actually that just links here: http://angstadt.virtualave.net/HowTo.htm
It's nowhere near perfect but I hope it's helpful. I used Moray for most of my units, the lastest ones are done in Poser.

Looks perfect!
Think I'll limit him to religious civs, and eliminate upkeep costs.

It could me also used as The Angry Mob which is cheap but requires 1 pop. unit. Fearsome.. :crazyeye:

Thanks for the unit still, it is magnifigant!!!

Ever thought about trying to make a Muslim or Aztec equivelant?

Top Bottom