4th Agent Orange PBEM game

anarres

anarchist revolutionary
Welcome to the fourth Agent Orange PBEM game.

You need to be able to spare about 1 hour per day in the evenings (CET). This is not fixed or enforced, but please don't sign up if you will frequently not be able to play on certain days. Occasional absence is expected, especially over the holidays.

I am playing with the idea of 'session times', where we will all be online for a couple of hours twice a week. These should result in 'power sessions' where we get maybe 3 or 4 turns done in a session. This may of course not work due to the limitations of email servers, but I hope it may be possible.

Two important concepts that you need to agree with to play:

No illeagal deals: all offline offers must be able to be backed up, even if it is an open offer. (So no 'I have Democracy - what do you want to swap it for' when you are only on Education).

No exploits. I shouldn't have to list them, so I won't. Any specific queries just ask.

Here is the game format:

Map: Standard
Water: 60% (to avoid too much land)
Landmass: Pangea (to avoid islands :))
Climate/Temperature/Age/Barbs: Random
Culturally Linked Starting Positions: Off
Accelerated Production: Off
All victory conditions enabled

The only requirement of entry is a willingness to play, some free time in the evenings (CET), and at least an average standard of gameplay.

Players:
Edit: emails removed

THE GAME HAS STARTED

Hi Anarres,
Nice to see you getting in on the tournament staff.
I would like to join your PBEM game if I could.
I am also living in the UK, so it would be like the online PTW games we could never have...( I only have ADSL at work at the moment :D).

Anyway what do you want? Tribe names and stuff?

Email: stevebroad2002@hotmail.com
Civ: Cathaginians
Name: Melifluous
Country Name: Carthage
Noun: Carthaginians
Adj: Carthaginian
Title: Lord

Is this OK? I have PTW on my work and home PC's and am available from 8 pm most nights after work...

Look forward to hearing back from ya Anarres and have fun with the tournament...

Melifluous

Hi Melifluous, you are welcome :)

Your info looks good. Once some others have joined I will update the main post with everyones details.

I think I will play with an expansionist civ, but haven't decided yet. I like the idea of running around like a lunatic early on ;)

Bah. You had to take the Carthagians didn't you? :p (Bad spelling I know).

Anyway. I'll take the French, normal country name, Title will be Lord Aurilius the Wise.

Email - wooden_stake@hotmail.com

Live in the UK and I am online pretty much all day on weekends, from 6pm - 12 Midnight Weedays. Yes - I am sad. ;)

Haven't played a PBEM game before so you may have to explain the mechanics.

@jsheir: I really wanted to get some people who can play sometime between 7pm and 12pm CET (EST = CET - 7). This means we can organise sessions when we will all be online and available to play, and we can push the turns forward quickly.

If I can't get enough people who can play inthese times I will open it up to all timezones, can't you change your job to fit in with civ3? ;)

Originally posted by Black Waltz
Bah. You had to take the Carthagians didn't you? :p (Bad spelling I know).

Anyway. I'll take the French, normal country name, Title will be Lord Aurilius the Wise.

Email - wooden_stake@hotmail.com

Live in the UK and I am online pretty much all day on weekends, from 6pm - 12 Midnight Weedays. Yes - I am sad. ;)

Haven't played a PBEM game before so you may have to explain the mechanics.
Excellent. I suppose if no-one chose the French we wouldn't have anyone to take the piss out of ;)

Read this for some basic PBEM questions and answers. It's fairly bare, but you can ask new questions too:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38903

Well I love the Industrius/Comercial trait. And I was overjoyed when I saw I could chose that trait without being French when PTW came out. :p

Yeah I was also glad when the carthaginians came out...

No more frenchies for me... AND the Numidian Mercenary? What a unit *sigh*

Would just like to ask this though, with regards to the french... Why isn't the English UU the Longbowman? Agincourte anyone?

hehe

Melifluous

PS. Oh yeah serious question What Difficulty Level? Regent?
or are all PBEM games stuck on cheiftain?

Originally posted by Lt. 'Killer' M.
can I still join?
You're in Killer :)

Can you PM me and tell me what you said to that mod? ;) I''m dying to know.

He swore an oath. He's not gonna tell. :p
:queen:
;)

So how many people are we waiting for?

6? 8? 5... :D

When do we start, I wanna go go go ...

Ok so maybe PBEM games aren't exactly the adrenalin fueled ride I think they should be, but I wanna start :)

Melifluous

Originally posted by anarres
The only requirement of entry is a willingness to play, some free time in the evenings (CET), and at least an average standard of gameplay.

Hi Anarres ;)

I think I can live up to these standards :) I wanna join too :eek:
If possible, I wanna be the americans again. I still think industrious is the best trait and for a PBEM the expansionist trait keeps the game fun in the early years! I am available between 18:30 - 22:30 CET.

This will make #6 (or #7?). How long more will you wait?

Plux: added you to list.

When I get home tonight (7pm GMT) I will update the list in the first post with civ names. I will start the game tonight (hopefully), but it will not be until late as I have an online tournament meeting to attend first.

ERIKK may join, I will PM him to see if he's in or not.

Can people please give times over the next few weeks when they are not available, so we at least know in advance when the game will be suspended. I will not be able to play on the 31st December or the 1st Jan. It is unlikely that I will play on the 24th and 25th (and maybe 26th) December.

Also, could I have comments on the 'power sessions' idea. This is where we can all agree to be online at certain times (hopefully using MSMessenger to communicate), thus enabling us to do several turns in one go.

This week I am free Wed/Thurs/Fri evening, and can arrange my weekend around when is convenient for others. I can usually start from about 7.30PM GMT on weekday evenings if I am available, occasionally earlier.

Originally posted by anarres
ERIKK may join, I will PM him to see if he's in or not.

No need to, I just signed up! :lol:

the 'power sessions' idea
This friday would be great, also tonight is a possibility too. We will be online anyway ;) Next to that I cannot look to much forward. I guess we will have to decide week by week. This sunday I will probably not be available until late in the evening.

holiday
Furthermore, during the holidays I am avaiable (very) late in the evening (but not on dec 31 ;) ). But I am sure there will not be much progress these days anyway :rolleyes:

MeMeMeMeMeMeeee

I would love to play Anarres if there is still room.

I would like the English if they are available please matey, name is Lord Loon :scan:

OK well,

When I said when do we start, I didn't think you would say tonight... :rolleyes:
Anyway I can't get to a PC tonight, but could do something up til about 6pm GMT, here from work, or first thing tomorrow at 9 ish, also from work... (I love being a comp programmer :D)
I am free Wednesday and Friday this week
And probably also can't play 24,25,26 this year as I am in Norfolk... (Yeah I know, sounds like fun huh?)

Apart from that I am well looking forward to playing this damn thang and the power session sound cool, but maybe once during weekdays and once at the weekend if we could all manage it?

Anyways, see y'all soon

Melifluous

Top Bottom