Screenshot of the Day #77: News Anchor

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I was playing as the Ottomans and was having a revolution from despotism to monarchy, and Istanbul went into civil disorder. Then, the domestic advisor said this in response, news anchor style.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd77.jpg

The domestic advisor never ceases to amaze me. :D Thanks to toh6wy for the screenshot.

wow what did he do to cause this?

hehe... I've never seen that...

Finally, a really good SOTD after all of the recent ones! :) (just IMO, no offense intended for the recent SOTD submitters.)

Can't you edit what the advisers say by messing around with one of the text files (I forget which one :mad: ) that is in the game directory?

What's with all the lag that's been going on recently? Took me 5 minutes to post that last message and another 5 for this one :cry:

Pretty cool, I guess. And hey, Thunderfall, you got a custom avatar! :eek: :goodjob:

I just got the msg from my trade advisor:

Attachments

• day-off.jpg
    day-off.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 491
You weren't playing on the weekend were you? ;) No-one likes working on the weekend.

As for your sig Magus, I think you've hit the nail on the head with the military intelligence statement. Only problem is you've spelt intelligence wrongly, :lol:.

Originally posted by Minmaster
interesting...however news is shot in VIDEO, not FILM.

As may be, oh child of the 90's, but... the technical jargon in the industry is always "film". :D

You weren't playing on the weekend were you? No-one likes working on the weekend.

As for your sig Magus, I think you've hit the nail on the head with the military intelligence statement. Only problem is you've spelt intelligence wrongly

Ironicly I was playing on MY day off!!!! it was yesterday (tuesday).

And my sig r quotes from two songs from a band called Megadeth. Dave Mustaine writes awesome lyrics!

Thnx for pointing out the mispelling, guess I was paying attention when I wrote it

The reference is from a rather irreverent satirical movie,
"Kentucky Fried Movie", from somewhere back in the late 1970's.

Several times during the film, they had a faux announcer giving
newsbreaks, which always ended with "film at eleven."

The direct reference here, I think, was one which said,
"Moscow in flames, missiles headed toward Washington, film at eleven."

My personal favorite, though, was "I'm wearing no trousers, film at eleven."
Not an image I looked forward to seeing, particularly.

C3CFanatic0014, please do not bump old threads with such useless comments, such yours. They died for a reason. Let's keep it that way...

Top Bottom