Screenshot of the Day #80: Zealous Bomber

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
After a war with England, I had been recalling my forces when I noticed this anomaly. Seems that the plane didn't like the city it was stationed in and decided to move one tile to the left.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd80.jpg

The bomber apparently thinks war is not over yet and is preparing for more bombing runs. You can never blame a bomber for being overly zealous... :smoke: Thanks to OS for the screenshot.

PS: Keep submitting those cool screennshots!

Sorry but that's a cheap-ass SOTD. He coulda just edited the rules to make bombers able to move tile to tile like normal units, making the screen not very special at all.

If that's not the case sorry for bustin' the SOTD but I think it is.

I am not sure. He called it an "anomaly", so I assumed he didn't change the rules....

Of course, if he did changed the rules then this SOTD is not special. Maybe I should require people to indicate whether rules were changed or not for future submissions...

Originally posted by Thunderfall
The bomber apparently thinks war is not over yet and is preparing for more bombing runs. You can never blame a bomber for being overly zealous... :smoke:

Did the movie "Dr. Strangelove" pop into anyone else's mind when they read this? :)

AHH!! Civ3 is contaminating our precious bodily fluids!!!

Not a bad navy, keep it up!

how do you take a screenshot!!!!:cry: i need help!!!:cry:

Originally posted by Naval Freak
Not a bad navy, keep it up!

how do you take a screenshot!!!!:cry: i need help!!!:cry:

Press "CTRL" + "Print Screen" at the same time. It will copy the screen to the clipboard. Then open a picture edit program (like Microsoft photoeditor which comes with Office) and paste it.

Cool, Go Air Force. Mattel Electronics presents B-17 Bomber, "Bombs away, That was on Target"

Seems even more likely to be an edited game since he has battleships in the Middle Ages.

Originally posted by kgkia33
Seems even more likely to be an edited game since he has battleships in the Middle Ages.

Huh? I dont see any evidence that hes in the Middle Ages. But that empty english town looks really suspicious, the AI doesnt give up that easily...

Well, this guy also has that missle hovering around near his tanks. Maybe he discovered Gaviton Theory from SMAC :lol:

Originally posted by Yzman
That missle is a cruise missle and those are allowed to hover over land. They move like normal units.

DOH, yeah, you're right. For some reason I was thinking of ICMB :wallbash: (which cannot leave the city). I don't know why, they look completly different.

But uh.. my comment about graviton theory still works for the bomber :D

This guy feels pretty secure, I can say. He's already moved his workers in formation to rebuild roads and all. When on the defense, on my own homeland, during a war, the AI suddenly appeared and took three of my workers. I say "suddenly" because they came out of nowhere. I'd taken out the cities they had in that area and there were no outposts or anything around that area.

That's the modern ages not ancient.

Hi all. I submitted the screenshot and no there wasn't any modified rules. It happened after the bomber returned from an air raid. It just went back to the wrong spot. I was able to use the airplane on the next turn however but that time it did return to the city.

As for the abandoned city, I had barely come out of war with england and was withdrawing my troops. I had given them London (The abandoned city) back. But they had a Mutual Protection Pact with France who I was at war with and before I had even completed the withdrawal we were at war again. That's why the city is abandoned and why most of my tanks are away from the battles and fortified.

Originally posted by CrackedCrystal
Press "CTRL" + "Print Screen" at the same time. It will copy the screen to the clipboard. Then open a picture edit program (like Microsoft photoeditor which comes with Office) and paste it.
Actually, I think it is shift + print scrn, or if you're sure that ctrl works, then it's probably just print scrn.

Originally posted by WillJ
Actually, I think it is shift + print scrn, or if you're sure that ctrl works, then it's probably just print scrn.

Well, its a windows command. I think Shift + print screen takes a picture of the open window, not the whole screen (though in Civ3 it would not matter, the open widoe is the whole screen). Or mayebe its crtl + printscreen. :confused:

I am not positive though, its midnight and I am tired and don't feel like testing it.

Though I am 100% certian that Ctrl + printscreen works (at least on my computer). I did test that before I posted my original message

Top Bottom