Screenshot of the Day #81: Money Grows on Trees

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Non-PTW Civ3: After conquering France's last city and realizing that she still had a settler somewhere to keep her alive, I wondered what Joan would offer for a peace treaty. To my surprise, with absolutely no cities left and 0 gold in her treasury (as evident from this diplomacy screen), she is willing to offer 65 gold per turn for peace. My question is: where are you going to get all that money Joanie?!?!

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd81.jpg

From trees, of course! :D Thanks to Sim_one for the screenshot.

Edit: Link added. :blush:

Where's the screenshot?

EDIT: Yeah, I was thinking of editing your post. ;)

:lol:

Maybe Joan has a counterfitting press with that settler

Whoa! :eek:
I could have sworn I saw two SOTDs today! Then I refreshed and it was gone! And I can still find the link to it! Did I catch you at the wrong time TF? ;) I would supply the link, but I have a feeling that TF wouldnt want that...

Anyway, what happens when you accept the deal? Do you get the gpt? :)

Originally posted by Silverflame
Whoa! :eek:
I could have sworn I saw two SOTDs today! Then I refreshed and it was gone! And I can still find the link to it! Did I catch you at the wrong time TF? ;) I would supply the link, but I have a feeling that TF wouldnt want that...
You were not dreaming. :D I posted the 2nd screenshot a "little early" so I deleted it. The problem is that the forum server time is 10 minutes fast and the main server time is like 10 minutes slower. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Thunderfall

You were not dreaming. :D I posted the 2nd screenshot a "little early" so I deleted it. The problem is that the forum server time is 10 minutes fast and the main server time is like 10 minutes slower. :rolleyes:

I knew I wasnt dreaming because I had already seen the screenshot and I can easily find the URL with the internet history thing. I just didnt really want to supply the link there because you might have been mad. I guess I was wrong ;)

Almost 20k gold in the middle ages! Either he is using an older patch or a "trainer". Otherwise, I now feel quite inadequate with my finances :(

I usually don't break 2k until Industrial. But I guess I do rush builds alot. :whipped:

Originally posted by CrackedCrystal
Almost 20k gold in the middle ages!

Actually, I feel a little better, as I always have gold excess. It's not uncommon for me to have 20k+ by the time I get to Replacable parts. One game I finished I have close to 50k+ by the time I won. (Warlord level, I think I was Persia.)

It's not that I don't have enough units, I just like to keep my research right at the 4 turns per advance level. When I hit one turn, I drop my Science to the lowest level and still get the tech the next turn.

'Course, I play huge maps, so I generally have a lot of cities doing nothing but producing wealth.

Originally posted by MadHatter

Just because France is in the Middle Ages, doesn't mean the human player is.

I am not using Joanies picture to tell. Look at the advisor, that is his Middle Ages clothes.

Originally posted by CrackedCrystal
Almost 20k gold in the middle ages! Either he is using an older patch or a "trainer". Otherwise, I now feel quite inadequate with my finances :(

I usually don't break 2k until Industrial. But I guess I do rush builds alot. :whipped:

This might be on chieftain. In chieftain, you can get a ton of gold, a tech lead of an age, and enough military to wipe out the rest of the world, not to mention nearly every single wonder. ;)

My Regent game right now, I'm researching Tanks, and have about 14k in the bank. I'm playing Ottomans, and have a bunch of Sipahi out there wreacking havoc with the Celts, Indians and Mongols. I'm not hurting for gold. . .

Originally posted by Silverflame

This might be on chieftain. In chieftain, you can get a ton of gold, a tech lead of an age, and enough military to wipe out the rest of the world, not to mention nearly every single wonder. ;)

That is true. Ah, chieftain level. I remember those days. Back when you actually researched every single tech you got. :yeah:

Originally posted by DaveMcW
The money came from old tech-for-gpt deals that she started before the war.

Well that explains it! The next turn Joan did have about 60 gold in her treasury even though she still didn't have a city yet. At first I though it was another one of those subtle AI cheats.

To CrackedCrystal, yep it's on chieftain level. I was modding a lot of things and wanted to test them out on a lower level. It is also on accelerated production. So these explain why there are tons of gold in the treasury (no trainers). :)

Top Bottom