Screenshot of the Day #85: Shapeshifter

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I used the bug in Play the World v. 1.14F to unload my knights from an army and load in Sipahis instead. This works great, but the image of the units in the army keeps changing. First it was cavalry, but this one really had me rolling on the floor in laughter. The sounds and animation are all for the ironclad, but it moves on land just like any normal land unit.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd85.jpg

That unload army bug is going to be fixed in the next PTW patch. Thanks to Brooke Wheeler for the screenshot.

but thats a fleet on land.. and it has A/D/M of a land unit!!

Originally posted by Thunderfall
That unload army bug is going to be fixed in the next PTW patch. Thanks to Brooke Wheeler for the screenshot.

Is the actual ability to unload armies a bug and the fix will eliminate it, or will the fix allow the player to unload armies properly?

My guess would be that they're going to take out the unload bug. Armies were never meant to be unloaded. Sigh.

Maybe Civ4 will have Armies unload. . .

Why are the board graphics different from mine? They look better than PTW for windows/US. Is it OS specific?

Thanks.

Why are the board graphics different from mine? They look better than PTW for windows/US. Is it OS specific?

I'm using Sn00py's Terrain graphics instead of the standard terrain tileset. This mod is included on the PtW CD...

Originally posted by MadHatter
Is the actual ability to unload armies a bug and the fix will eliminate it, or will the fix allow the player to unload armies properly?
The next patch will eliminate the unloading of armies completely.

Well, at least we know there's going to be a patch...

Talk about a boat being in drydock.

You know, this screenshot made me wonder if there is some way to put a ship into an army instead of just have it look like a ship. Then you could have a real armada.

Originally posted by Lucky Dragon

I'm using Sn00py's Terrain graphics instead of the standard terrain tileset. This mod is included on the PtW CD...

So you're Brooke Wheeler ;)

How's it that it's 430 AD and it's in the industrial ages? :confused: That's really fast...

Well, I was playing on a huge map with 16 civs, and had enabled mass regicide, which let me use my kings as scouts. At the very beginning of the game, they ran all around and got lots of techs from goodie huts. This really sped up the research. It also helped that I was in contact with most of the civs very early on.
In 730 AD, I won that game with a diplomatic victory. I'm not going to enable mass-regicide on a single player game again, because it makes it too easy.

How's it that it's 430 AD and it's in the industrial ages? That's really fast...
Well, I was playing on a huge map with 16 civs (Emperor difficulty), and had enabled mass regicide, which let me use my kings as scouts. At the very beginning of the game, they ran all around and got lots of techs from goodie huts. This really sped up the research. It also helped that I was in contact with most of the civs very early on.
In 730 AD, I won that game with a diplomatic victory. I'm not going to enable mass-regicide on a single player game again, because it makes it too easy.

Top Bottom