Screenshot of the Day #87: Sleep is for the Weak

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Civ3 PTW contains a few easter eggs that are triggered by specific time or dates. One such easter egg is the Elvis king unit that shows up when you set your computer's date to Elvis' birthday.

The other time-sensitive easter egg is "Sleep is for the Weak". When you play PTW into the wee hours, there is a chance that your advisor will tell you "Sleep is for the Weak"! :) People have talked about this easter egg on the forum for a while now and we finally have a screenshot of that.

I found an interesting message from my science advisor tonight. Apparently, they were not getting much sleep as they built the game!

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd87.jpg

Thanks to Jason Crabtree for the screenshot.

Finally, solid proof! For a little while I thought I had imagined it, since I rarely pay attention to what they have to say.

Plus, I haven't been playing until 3 AM recently. :)

Is it just me, or is that a redone Modern Ages? Probably it's not, but I don't remember Smart Weapons leading into Intergrated Defense (have been playing the Space Race Mod v4 lately)

Wow! Nice screenshot. And a suprise at an update at 1:09 PM instead of the usual 11PM - 12 AM ones ;)

How come I never get to see that??? :eek:

Lol that is something its like that old bug when about the faces.....

I've actually seen it too. Fun.

I was wondering...

If you set the clock to 1AM will that bit appear?

Top Bottom