Screenshot of the Day #88: AIs Unite!

I hate when that happens!

It probably only happens cause that civ is to scared to ask them to leave!

Tell me about it. It's the Medieval Age, and Dover is a city that stands on a two-tile island. It just so happens that the other tile is being worked on by the AI's worker, and I couldn't get my SoD to land and capture it. I've basically conquered the rest of Britainnia, and the great Persian Knights are foiled by a worker.

*sigh* :rolleyes: Never have so many owed so much to so few, huh?

I hate it, when that happens. I went to war with a nation over that once in civ3 and a few times in the earlier games.

I see you have rubber there, so you must be fairly modern... can a marine directly assault a city from the transport? (never used a marine, to tell ya the truth, but I read that they can amphib. assault)...

Originally posted by JoeBas
I see you have rubber there, so you must be fairly modern... can a marine directly assault a city from the transport? (never used a marine, to tell ya the truth, but I read that they can amphib. assault)...
Yes, they can. It's really the only use for them.

Yes, a marine can do an amphibious assault. But I think it's later in the tree, after mass production (transports and battleships).
Judging from the fact that he's researching nationalism, it looks like he bee-lined to replaceable parts for the worker improvement and infantry.

Well, at least he's only a few techs away... and it's not like that city's going anywhere. :D I'm sure he can find... other conquests to occupy his time while he waits. ;)

I don't see a problem here...ohh is that little can of meat standing in the way?...we know what needs to be done.

The only other use I've had for Marines is as my first-strike force if I'm in a position where I don't have Oil. They're the best offensive land unit you can get without oil, IIRC. (Well, if you're the Ottomans, then Sipahi are the best due the cheaper cost, and 3 moves...outweighs their lower defense vs. a Marine's 6 def. Sipahi/Marines are meant for offense, not defense, so you should never leave them in the open where they have to defend)

On Marines
To make the game a bit more realistic, I've upped the attack on Marines and Paratroopers, and lowered the attack values of tanks and MA a little bit.

He should attack! He is alot more powerful.

Hahaha...that was a little funny.

That jpg makes it too blurred to see where the romans are. In a situation like that, I'd rush a temple, wait four turns, force the Indian unit out (assuming that war is not declared), declare war on the Romans, and take out the Mongols.

Seems like a good job has been done with taking out the Romans. I only see one city on the map, and recognize Piase and Cumae, two Roman cities...

Speaking of weak Marines and Paratroopers, I did a mod where they after the discovery of Synthetic Fibers can be upgraded to a 16/12/1 "Special Forces" unit, which is cable of both airdrops and amphibious assaults. It requires Rubber, Oil and Aluminium, and cost 120 shields (same as MA). I've not really tried it out yet, but it could perhaps lessen the monotony of endless columns of MA and MI in the later Modern Age a bit.

I had something like this happen to me in my last game. I had Germany down to one city on another continent. Me and the Celts had an alliance against them. Germany's last city was on a choke point and a fortified Gallic Swordsmen was blocking my entry point. I waited them out and when the Celts obtained peace from Germany...I moved in and wiped them off the face of the planet :)

So it seems the AI will block you if you're going for the last city of a civ, even if the blocking AI is at war with them.

It just made me mad cuz I had just made peace with the romans then I realize the is a legionary in the way.
notice I was researching nationalism. the rubber is there cuz I modded all resources to always show up so its not just luck if you have one once you can use it.

Top Bottom