Deathmatch PBEM

Matrix

CFC Dinosaur
Retired Moderator
I just finished a scenario, actually for the purpose of starting a PBEM, starting in the future era (i.e. having all technologies) with the world full. :)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41299

Is there anyone who'd like to play it with me?

Players
1. Unregister GMT-5 (Random)
2. WildFire444 GMT-5 (Persians)
3. CivAddict2002 GMT-8 (Germans)
4. DogBoy GMT-8 (Romans)
5. Plexus GMT-8 (Japan)
6. Matrix GMT+1 (Scandinavia)
7. Kevinicus GMT+1 (Arabia)
8. Melifluous GMT (French)

Sign me up Matrix. This is just like the other one i was doing (Advanced Start PBEM) but stalin cant play anymore. If that is Russia (brown) i will be them, or if they are taken i will be the red color which i assume might be Babylon.

Let the wars begin!

Sign me up! I will be green,purple,red,or brown

The colour don't say anything! You may choose your own Civ. :)

By the way, won't it be best if we have no Civ-specific abilities? Only the Americans have a better unit (F16)...

True, in that case, i will choose the Persians just cause i like Xerxes's leader head. :p

Wow! This goes fast!

There are some players here... You can all guarantee you'll be able to play almost every day? (Holidays etc. can go slower...)

And where do you all live?
Matrix: GMT+1
Unregister: ?
WildFire444: ?
CivAddict2002: ?
DogBoy: GMT-8
Plexus: GMT-8

Oh me as Arabia as I see Romans have been taken. :)

Originally posted by Matrix
Ok! And do you really live in Rome? :rolleyes:
No but in the same time zone. :crazyeye: :D

I've made the sequence as in my first post here. :) I thought this would be the best thing to do if we want to play one turn a day. Only the sequence does matter for who starts where. Here's the sequence:
Player 1: pink
Player 2: cyan
Player 3: green
Player 4: purple
Player 5: blue
Player 6: brown
Player 7: yellow
Player 8: red

The only question is: who's player one? I think that should be random. So I let Excel give me a random number between 1 and 8, and it gave me...5. So that should be Unregister. :)

Does anyone disagree with this? If not, he may start the game and send it to CivAddict2002 and so on and so forth. :rolleyes:

Matrix - I would have joined this but I was too late. :mad: Instead Melifluous and I have decidied to start our own Deathmatch gamer on Deity against 6AI. Should be pretty scary for the first 50 turns or so...

What I discovered when starting tha game is that it appears you are to be able to set the player location independant of the player order.

After loading it in the mulitplayer screen you can add human/AI players as normal, and for each one you can set a number in a box to the left of the player name. These numbers correspond to the player numbers in the editor, and the MP screen won't let you start the game without each having a unique number.

Matix - I was wrong :(

The numbers in the MP screen don't affect start location.

I wonder what they are there for then? And why does it make them all be unique??

Anarres, I know as much as you do. :rolleyes:

Have fun with the two of you. ;) Why don't you simply start a second PBEM with this scenario, asking for more players?

Top Bottom