Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steph

Multi Many Tasks man
Retired Moderator
I will post in this thread StoryBoard Builder (SBB).
The name is no longer CIV3_SBB, as I realized it could be used for other games as well.

Don't forget : this version should work on Windows NT, 2000 and XP. It should not work on Windows 98 (or perhaps with ME).

I will add the Windows 98 version tomorrow.

I will also upload the user's manual as a separate file, so you don't need to download it everytime there's an updated version.

The tool is 272ko (zipped). The manual is 2.8 Mo (zipped).

The software is here SBB version 1.06 software for windows NT, XP, 2000

And the user's manual hereSBB User's manual version 1.0

New "Sandris" version. This is a simplified version of SBB, with less option, but a lot easier to use, and it can work on several units or animations successivelly. Generates dozens of animations for dozens of units in one click! Very nice if you are using a script to render several animations automatically.

Don't hesitate to give me your feedback, so I can improve the tool and/or the manual

Changes:

Version 1.06:
- Got rid of the one pixel magenta line that appeared left and bottom.
- Now, it automatically add a 2 pixels wide line to the right side of each frame, with the background color (ie: color of the top left pixel). Yes, it means no more Flicster ghost bug!

Version 1.04 : For single figure storyboard builder, there is a new check box in the "picture info" area. If you check it BEFORE selecting the source file, SBB looks for bmp with name starting at 0001 instead of 0000.
The "cossack converter" is for my own use.
The 4th button in the welcome screen is a specific request from Boulboulgadol.

Version 1.03: The size factor for munit now has a range of [0,200], so you can increase the size and not only reduce it. Warning : don't forget the max size for Flicster is 240x240.

Version 1.02: Added a new checkbox in the preview "frame". It shows the actual size of the frame. SBB compute this frame size from the size of the first storyboard , and the number of frames. Don't forget : in the current version, all the storyboards must have the same size and the same number of frames!
So the green square shows the size of the final frame (in the ouput storyboard). Try to reduce the size to see the impact.
This will help some of you to understand why your units are cropped.

Version 1.01: Size reduced so it can fit in a 1024x768 screen. Barely. Sorry, I can't have it fit in a 800x600 screen.

How is that manual coming..?

EDIT: just came up as I posted. :p

:goodjob:

Good to see this version. This tool is really soooo useful, saved me lots of time. Keep up the good work :)

I've been messing around with it for a bit and I have a few suggestions. First can you make scrollbars on the side so I don't have to re-size my screen to see the whole program? Second, can you make it so we can change how large the each frame is? This would really help converting the bmp into the pcx for FLICster. Third, which is mostly wishful thinking, can you possibly combine this with FLICster or a version of FLICster so we can do the whole thing with this program? It would be a lot easier to send a storyboard we made strait to a finished product rather than having to go thru PSP and copy and paste it into an existing storyboard and hope that the frames fit together, ect.
Thanks, o and by the way I do like this program

Just for ___ and giggles, I downloaded it and ran it on win98, and surprisingly, it worked.

Steph?!

GIDustin

Edit: Ok, the program ran, but the storyboard generated messed up. Guess I have to wait till tomorrow . . .

That happened to me too, and I still can't figgure out why when I go bk into FLICster when I've put the munits iiin the Alpha-blending doesnt work, or only works onpart of the pic
Can you make the program export pcx instead of bmp, this might be the problem for that.
Also, can you make the sotryboard is makes have the "box" around the unit so we can line everything up? And I really must reidorate this, we need to know hwo big the frame is and be able to change it! Besides te fact that I can't make the storyboard work, my poor Raptor's tail and head gets cut off at all directions cept for the South direction!

I can't seem to make the fxm work. everytime i try to view it it says

"Error, Subscript out of range 9"

edit- I fixed this by cutting and pasting into another existing storyboard, which is a tedious task at remaking the lines if you cut them off. can you please find a way to fix this?

Originally posted by computerdude113
suggestions. First can you make scrollbars on the side? ... Second, can you make it so we can change how large the each frame is? Third, which is mostly wishful thinking, can you possibly combine this with FLICster or a version of FLICster so we can do the whole thing with this program? I

1)I can't make a scrollbar, but I've reduced the size a bit. It's no OK for 1024x768.
2)About the frame size, what do you mean exactly? In the single figure unit or the multi figures? I don't understand what you want.
3) If I had the source code of FLICSTER, I could try. But I don't have it.

Originally posted by GIDustin

GIDustin
Edit: Ok, the program ran, but the storyboard generated messed up. Guess I have to wait till tomorrow . . .
It seems the size is not correct. How any frames did you use?

Originally posted by Civanator
Edit- nvm, but how do i get the "Generate Multi-Figures unit storyboard to show up and be clicked, cause i can't click it, it is greyed out.
You have to select the output file.

i was just testing on the Archer and Bowman, in vanilla civ3. Each has 15 frames/direction, but I am not sure about their sizes

GIDustin

Originally posted by computerdude113
That happened to me too, and I still can't figgure out why when I go bk into FLICster when I've put the munits iiin the Alpha-blending doesnt work, or only works onpart of the pic
Also, can you make the sotryboard is makes have the "box" around the unit so we can line everything up? And I really must reidorate this, we need to know hwo big the frame is and be able to change it! Besides te fact that I can't make the storyboard work, my poor Raptor's tail and head gets cut off at all directions cept for the South direction!
To solve the alpha blending pb, I know Kryten usually change the palette of the pcx storyboard before using the tool. He uses the apha.pal. Then it's OK.
I can add the box around the units. I will do it for next version.
About the frame, you must change it before with FLICSTER. When you export the storyboard, change the size of the frame to something big enough, and be sure all the storyboard are the same size if you want to mix different units.
I usually use a 200x150 frame. Don't forget you need room to put all these units.

Originally posted by Civanator
I can't seem to make the fxm work. everytime i try to view it it says

"Error, Subscript out of range 9"

edit- I fixed this by cutting and pasting into another existing storyboard, which is a tedious task at remaking the lines if you cut them off. can you please find a way to fix this?

This is because the generate dbmp is a true color bmp. You need to apply the 256 color palette to your pcx storyboard before opening it into FLICSTER, or your get this error message in FLICSTER.

Originally posted by GIDustin
i was just testing on the Archer and Bowman, in vanilla civ3. Each has 15 frames/direction, but I am not sure about their sizes

GIDustin
Another explanation : in CIV 3, the archer is 104x64 pixels, the bowman is 122x91 pixels. When you generate the storyboard with FLICSTER, you ust change the size of the frame so:
- It is the same for every animation.
- It is big enough to accomodate every figure.

Try exporting both storyboard with a 150x120 pixels (at least if you want to fit 6 units).

Top Bottom